Jump to content
The Uniform Server Community
Neotropic

MySQL Keeps Dying

Recommended Posts

I noticed with the lates version I am using (7.1.4-Orion) MySQL keeps dying. I mean it completely dies. I will be in phpmyadmin, and it randomly shuts the server down, sometimes entirely or just sql. After an sql update, trying to view a table ect. its constant and annoying! Hardly happens when I run my scripts. Usually my fault if it does, but phpmyadmin is not my fault!

 

Any ideas here? Does not happen to me at work, but does to a co-worker. But does for me at home.

 

To be more clear, its either 'connection has been reset' or 'unable to connect'. And call by either localhost or 127.0.0.1

 

And more deterring that it still happens sometimes after restarting it all. Seems something in the string (or session). Because once I remove the string in the URL after restarting, it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously, this is painful, but equally difficult to analyze without adequate info about your environment. Also, you don't include info from the MySQL and Apache logs or the Windows event logs. In other words, we don't have enough info to help.

 

Since you indicate that you're running 7.1.4, I suggest that the "latest" version (now 7.1.11, which updates both MySQL and phpMyAdmin) may help.

 

Also, what "string in the URL" are you referring to?

 

Regards,

BobS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed with the lates version I am using (7.1.4-Orion) MySQL keeps dying. I mean it completely dies. I will be in phpmyadmin, and it randomly shuts the server down, sometimes entirely or just sql. After an sql update, trying to view a table ect. its constant and annoying! Hardly happens when I run my scripts. Usually my fault if it does, but phpmyadmin is not my fault!

 

Any ideas here? Does not happen to me at work, but does to a co-worker. But does for me at home.

 

To be more clear, its either 'connection has been reset' or 'unable to connect'. And call by either localhost or 127.0.0.1

 

And more deterring that it still happens sometimes after restarting it all. Seems something in the string (or session). Because once I remove the string in the URL after restarting, it works.

 

Did you ever get this figured out? Since I "upgraded" to Coral, I spend more time trying to figure out why the server isn't working than I do on my actual work. Apache crashes -- but it doesn't (usually when trying to use phpmyadmin), MySQL server "goes away" -- but it doesn't sometimes, pages are downloaded instead of rendered or there are hieroglyphs on the page, while the source looks fine -- on all my browsers. It's a circus. Everything works fine on the production server, though.

 

So I stopped by here to try to figure out where to start trying to get a handle on what's going on. Just wondered what you found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never got any further info on the problem. Perhaps he upgraded to the last Orion version.

 

Regards,

BobS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...