Jump to content
The Uniform Server Community
Heinz Stapff

SQL SYNTAX ERROR?

Recommended Posts

I believe this is the line of code that the error is indicating and I can't see a problem.

Hope someone else can :rolleyes:

$query=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM '".$q."'")or die(mysql_error( ));

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Run Development mode:

UniTray > Advanced>php.ini switch to Development

Restart servers

Run your code

What errors are reported?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coral Yeah I can't find the phpMyAdmin link in the UniServer Home page. I must have screwed it up trying to load Notepad++ and it's plugin for php to the D: drive. Seems like Notepad installs it's own latest version of dbdebug.dll that throws an unknown exception alert. I took all the files out and reset the php.ini file but can't get phpMyAmin anymore. Will try what you said. Uniform Server board site is loading very slowly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coral in development mode I'm still getting syntax error near "undefined" at line 1? In development mode. Wasn't aware I was in production mode in the first place. I had the two terms backwards. I thought development was before-publishing and production = published.

I realize I should have posted in the PHP forums but I haven't had time. I had to reinstall Uniserver and rebuild the database. I saved exported database to table folder in myDocs site folder just incase this happens again. I used every format I figured I could use later to reinstall. I'm wondering if Notepad++ would help. It caused me a lot of headaches trying to get it to work. Ric's posts are obsolete at this point, none of the files he mentions are even in the Notepad++ latest version and other people where saying to install .dll to Uniserver/Apache2/modules etc. with obsolete none existant files. One things for sure, I dont want to see another 'Unknown Exception' thrown by Notepad++ again. I'm guessing that the latest Notepad++ installs the latest php debuger from sourceforge oberon lexer2 and WIN XP dosen't like it.

 

I'm also guessing that you did not notice any syntax error in the above mentioned code? I tried every form of quotes before I even posted. The funy thing is, I had it working fine when the javascript ajax call was placed directly on the li item by id and produced the correct html output. It wasn't untill I used the onclick of the ul by id that it stoped producing html. I saw something about IE8 not using onclick of uls that well and that onchange was more appropriate. I'll try it though I'd rather be cross browser compatible, and that is more of a select options syntax. :rolleyes: tierd now, got to kick it in the head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...