The Uniform Server Community

new user localhost problem

jNormous

Hi I'm new to UniServer, I am having problems with starting UniServer from the UniTray.

I have downloaded UniServer successfully, ran and passed the pre-check, found the Server Status button. After clicking "Start UniServer (Apache MySQL)" my browser loads a new window that attempts to load the url: "http://localhost/index.php". However I am met with a problem??

The browser window displays this error message.

=============================

HTTP 403 Forbidden

This website declined to show this webpage

Most likely causes:

•This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

> Go back to the previous page.

> More information

=============================

In the Windows Network Diagnostics it reads:

"The remote device or resource won't accept the connection"

Issues found:

The device or resource (localhost) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web service (HTTP)".

The computer or device you are trying to reach is available, but it doesn't support what you're trying to do. This might be a configuration issue or a limitation of the device.

I've searched online for a fix or way around this problem, I'm met with the same message when I try to click on the Admin Panel in the UniTray. I've searched all over the new user install guides. Ive even tried right clicking on the UniTray and selecting "Install and Run All Services". And am completely lost as to how to solve this problem can anyone shed some light on my situation please...

Thankyou.

Alt-reply-to: jamesieBoye@gmail.com

One source of this error is a block by IP address. Look in \UniServer\www\.htaccess. Note that only 127.0.0.1 is allowed. To add other machines on your local LAN (assuming it's on a simple router), add 192.168 to that line. This allows all addresses in the 192.168.x.x range to access your server.

Order Deny,Allow

Deny from all

Allow from 127.0.0.1 192.168

Regards,

BobS