The Uniform Server Community

Updating

Nino V

Hi, all.

I'm sure it has been written somewhere, but I wasn't able to find any information about how to update UniServer (for Windows) or it is written in too technical words for me :)

Could someone help me to find this information?

Thanks a lot.

Nino

It’s a shame! I do not really understand the question.

To update Uniform Sever all you need to do is download the newest version.

If you want to update from one version of Uniform Server to another and are running an existing site please state both versions and what existing sites to update.

I am sure other members will help and point you in the right direction.

All the best

Ric

It’s a shame! I do not really understand the question.

I'm ashamed because I don't understand your kind reply :)

I want to update my Uniform Server [5.5-Nano] to Uniform Server [5.6.13-Nano], and I wasn't able to find any clear (for me) information about what I need to do.

To update Uniform Sever all you need to do is download the newest version.

I've installed Uniform Server [5.5-Nano] on my local computer. Do you mean that to update Uniform all I need to do is to overwrite the existing files with the new downloaded ones?

If you want to update from one version of Uniform Server to another and are running an existing site please state both versions and what existing sites to update.

I would like to update from Uniform Server [5.5-Nano], which is installed locally, to the new version: 5.6.13-Nano on my computer. That's all.

Thank you for your kind attention,

Nino

May I assume you mean upgrade that old "Uniform Server" without losing your existing web contents when you say "update" your "Uniform Server" ...

Obviously, "overwrite" is not a good idea; but the useful way to upgrade depends upon the old config, say, whether you have put your contents outside the old "Uniform Server" tree, whether you have customized any file under the old "Uniform Server" tree, whether you have your own data in the old database, et cetera ...

Whatsoever, you may begin with installing the new "Uniform Server" side-by-side with the old one, such that whatever you want, dig from the old; otherwise, you may backup everything old as well ...

I'm ashamed because I don't understand your kind reply :)

I want to update my Uniform Server [5.5-Nano] to Uniform Server [5.6.13-Nano], and I wasn't able to find any clear (for me) information about what I need to do.

I've installed Uniform Server [5.5-Nano] on my local computer. Do you mean that to update Uniform all I need to do is to overwrite the existing files with the new downloaded ones?

I would like to update from Uniform Server [5.5-Nano], which is installed locally, to the new version: 5.6.13-Nano on my computer. That's all.

Thank you for your kind attention,

Nino

Hi Shyokou,

thank you for your help. I've not received a notification from the forum so I'm late in replying, sorry. (Obviously I check the appropriate box!)

May I assume you mean upgrade that old "Uniform Server" without losing your existing web contents when you say "update" your "Uniform Server" ...

:) I didn't specify that I wouldn't lose my existing web contents because it is obvious to me :)

Obviously, "overwrite" is not a good idea;

That's why I was surprised reading that what I need to do is just to download the new version.

the useful way to upgrade depends upon the old config, say, whether you have put your contents outside the old "Uniform Server" tree, whether you have customized any file under the old "Uniform Server" tree, whether you have your own data in the old database, et cetera ...

My contents are inside the old "Uniform Server", so I think I have to backup my datas, to overwrite the old files and to restore my datas.

Can I ask you where did you find information about updating from one version to another? Any document? Any site?

I did think that is would be so difficult to simple update :)

Thanks a lot.

Nino