The Uniform Server Community

Mod rewrite problem

miniml

Here are the things that might be affecting this, a is that you have the DENY setting in the .htaccess or is that you are doing something wrong with the mod_rewrite code...

I will try and test it here... :D

Thanks

Here are the things that might be affecting this, a is that you have the DENY setting in the .htaccess or is that you are doing something wrong with the mod_rewrite code...

977[/snapback]

Neither of above. My code works with all other WAMP packages out there.

I have installed Uniform Server as a Win service if that helps.

I do not think that is the problem.. I got the same error while trying also and searched Google.

Here is what you need to do, shut down your server, edit the .htaccess file and enter this:

Options +FollowSymLinks 
RewriteEngine On

And then restart and it should work without a problem, i hope.. it worked on mine.. :D

Thanks...

• 1 month later...

Hello,

My problem is exactly the same, but I am not allowed to use the FollowSymLinks options, for it jams my application (namely WordPress blog for multiusers).

I could not figure why the RewriteRule seems to change the access rights in Uniform, and any hint would be appreciated!

Thanks a lot for this great package, as it is the one and first major problem I got after 1 year of extensive use, thanks !

Why are you not allowed to use the FollowSymLinks option for the application?

I will try and search Google to find other ways that can help ...

http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks

As I recall its just putting the Options line before all the wordpress generated code in the file. It may also need a RewriteBase directive if run in a subfolder. I think there are a set of 'divider' comment lines in the .htaccess?