The Uniform Server Community

what uniform version is compatible

Dirty Snipe

I need to get a WAMP server that is to be run as a production intranet.

It will be installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit

I have tried the latest version but that is giving apache errors and crashes out on a regular basis.

What version is compatible and reliable.

I need to get this up and running this week.

Thanks all for your help.

I have ran Coral 8.0 x32 in Server 2008R2 just fine. There was a post not long ago about issues concerning UniServer package in Windows 7. Bob advised to run 8.1.2... See it here: http://forum.uniformserver.com/index.php?showtopic=2558

As for production I have made a custom package for MADLAX (See it here: http://forum.uniformserver.com/index.php?showtopic=2548) which is what I've been running myself.

You may want to give it a try since it packages some good features and it is been rock solid in my environment.

apache 2.2.21

mod_security

suhosin PHP Protection

PHP 5.3.10 NTS

FastCGI

eAcelerator,

APC

wincache (enabled by default and performs at least twice faster than APC and 40% faster than eAccelerator in my own tests)

Maybe it works for you. Hope it does.

<p class="bbc_center"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Yoni</strong></span></p>

The main reason I suggest Coral_8.1.2 over Coral_8.5.1 is that the latter has two new component releases: Apache 2.4 and PHP 5.4, both of which may pose compatibility problems for your application.

Please note that getting a WAMP running and getting it running securely are two different (but connected) matters. Be sure to check out Yoni's articles on securing your server. There area also several other threads on performance and security you should check.

Regards,

BobS