The Uniform Server Community

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Deron Sizemore

I know this has been discussed before and I've read every post on this forum about it, but I still cannot figure out how to make it so I can connect into phpMyAdmin.

I keep getting this message everytime I try to get into phpMyAdmin:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I went into W:\home\admin\www\phpMyAdmin\config.inc.php file and changed "user" to deronsizemore (which I set up initially becuase of the "security checklist" in red that I kept seeing and still see by the way...so I don't know if it ever goes away or not?) and I changed my password to xxxxx from something that said "implode....."now my password looks like this in the config.inc file: 'xxxxx';

I click on phpMyAdmin and still same error message. So I then read that you are only suppose to change the password and not the "user" name. So I go back in and change the user from 'deronsizemore'; to 'root'; and again, same error message.

What gives?????????????????

Well I did a fresh install and I'm finally in to phpMyAdmin, but I'm wondering what potentially could be the downfall of not setting up usernames:passwords? I'm the only one using this machine, so I doubt it'd be a problem to leave it like it is "out of the box" but just wondering? I would feel better about setting my own username:password just to be completely safe, but like I said in my last post, I can't get it to work when I do that.

Thanks