The Uniform Server Community

quick question on access

raduweiss

i was looking to play arround and see if i could install a phpbb forum. i found uniform server, installed it, ran the mysql, and set up the forum. everything worked like a charm and it took like 10mins.... thanks guyz !.... just 1 question:

nothing can be accesed except from the localhost domain. if others try to view my forum, or if i try to use my ip instead of localhost, i get a "forbidden" error message. so how do i make my forum accesible by others ? (i had no firewall on at the time)

this is the exact error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /SiteName/index.php on this server.

Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) DAV/2 PHP/5.1.1 Server at x.x.x.x Port 80

Delete the .htaccess file or edit it... using the instructions in it :lol:

You may have to chnage the web url of your forum in the config so it will pull images and other fiiles from your ip and not localhost.. localhost wont work on other's PC

Delete the .htaccess file or edit it... using the instructions in it :lol:

Youu may hav to chnage the weeb url of your forum in the config so it will pull images and other fiiles from your ip and not localhost.. localhost wont work on other's PC

2221[/snapback]

much appreciated. obviously it worked. thanks for taking the time to reply to blind people.