The Uniform Server Community

Starting up

Guest Guest

The problem is not with the router. :D If you cannot connect to localhost and the W:/ drive is not showing, that has nothing to do with the router. :)

Just tell me what happens when you ping localhost and localhost:80 :)

Can you take a screenshot of the error page on IE and also the error in the CMD window if there is any...

BTW: I also use cable broadand, but that should not be a problem if it won't even load from localhost....

193[/snapback]

No error in the CMD window

Here is the IE Screenshot and I also put in the AOL error page

post-17-1111335944_thumb.jpg

post-17-1111335973_thumb.jpg

I am sorry if i already asked you this question, but i am also kind of confused with 3 help in 1 topic which is what i was trying to avoid since everyone can start a topic of their own... :)

Does the W:/ drive show up?

Can you ping localhost:80 and localhost and tell me what happens on both pings or make a screenshot of both pings...

Thanks. :D

I am sorry if i already asked you this question, but i am also kind of confused with 3 help in 1 topic which is what i was trying to avoid since everyone can start a topic of their own... :)

Does the W:/ drive show up?

Can you ping localhost:80 and localhost and tell me what happens on both pings or make a screenshot of both pings...

Thanks. :D

230[/snapback]

Yes, W:/ drive shows up on My Computer. As for the ping, here's a screenshot of both:

post-17-1111352628_thumb.jpg

hmm... I wonder what is causing this problems. Can you try and test version 3.1 and see if it works. I want tomake sure that it is not the new start and stop system. If 3.1 doesn't work also, then the problem is with your PC or something blocking port 80... but please, try and see if 3.1 works and tell me...

Thanks

hmm... I wonder what is causing this problems. Can you try and test version 3.1 and see if it works. I want tomake sure that it is not the new start and stop system. If 3.1 doesn't work also, then the problem is with your PC or something blocking port 80... but please, try and see if 3.1 works and tell me...

Thanks

235[/snapback]

I got it to work! I've tried uninstalling the antivirus and uninstalling the firewall and even both at once and it didn't work. However when I complete uninstalled the Norton Security program and installed a diffrent antivirus and firewall (Mcafee) it works perfectly. I think it has to be configed to work with it from the very begining or it won't work. Thank you for all of your help :). You were great! I'll let you know how things are working out, but for now I want to try the server out.

darkness

Oh my lord, darkness... I am sure i told you to totally uninstall both the anti-virus and firewall software before? :)

Anyways, good luck to y'all :)

Thanks

BTW: I did... it is on Page 1 :D LOL

Oh my lord, darkness... I am sure i told you to totally uninstall both the anti-virus and firewall software before? :)

Anyways, good luck to y'all  :)

Thanks

BTW: I did... it is on Page 1 :D LOL

289[/snapback]

I did, one at a time and both at once, but the Norton Security folder stayed on. I thought that without the firewall and the antivirus that it couldn't do anything. Oh well, I guess I learned something new.

In any case, I can't get it to work with my Norton stuff at all, so I had to switch. At least the subscription is almost up.

There was a website that gave instuctions on how to use the Uniform Server, with pages that looked like the server pages when it's active.

You wouldn't happen to know the address of the page would you? I thought I had it bookmarked, but I can't seem to find it.

I do not understand... instructions on what kind of server pages? 404 error pages? or what?

307[/snapback]

It was just a tutorial for the Uniform Server that was made so that it looked like the admin page of the server. I don't know if it was official or not.

I am still lost. what kind of Admin Pages are you talking about? The Admin Panel?

312[/snapback]

yeah, it looked like the admin panel that comes up when you go to 127.0.0.1/a/

except that it explains in detail what each link is for, what it does how to best use it, anf other stuff such as downloading and installing plug ins etc...

post-17-1112133196_thumb.jpg

Wow.. never heard or seen that site, but please, if you do find it, make sure you share it with us.

You also do know that 3.3 will have an absolutely different Admin Panel?

hmm.. i hope you are not talking about the site Derrick set us for us as a temporary site... funny, i also lost the link..

Try and find it for you to see if that is what you were talking about.

• 3 months later...