The Uniform Server Community

Desktop Competition

olajideolaolorun

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also elyk, why use Open Office... ?

Well, for one thing, it's free and opensource.

It is completely compatible with all MS office filetypes.

It actually includes features not found in office, such as the ability to export directly to a pdf (as opposed to using a pdf printer), and to export a presentation to a flash file. And their powerpoint-type program has much cooler transition effects not found in powerpoint.

I am also not into much icons on my desktop... damn programs want a piece of my desktop... lol :D :)

625[/snapback]

yeah, me neither...I need to clean it up. You notice the "unused icons" folder; I've done it once but installed more programs since then.

btw Kevin, I didn't think Longhorn had been released :P Where did you get it?

Well, for one thing, it's free and opensource.

It is completely compatible with all MS office filetypes.

It actually includes features not found in office, such as the ability to export directly to a pdf (as opposed to using a pdf printer), and to export a presentation to a flash file. And their powerpoint-type program has much cooler transition effects not found in powerpoint.

yeah, me neither...I need to clean it up. You notice the "unused icons" folder; I've done it once but installed more programs since then.

btw Kevin, I didn't think Longhorn had been released :P Where did you get it?

642[/snapback]

He warezed it.. what else?

Nice one reenyg :)

By the way what is that NVU program.. the icon loks cool so i can guess the program might be also..?

I am also sad because i do not see our own bookmark on the links tab of Firefox but i see XAMPP :P :D

Nice one reenyg :)

By the way what is that NVU program.. the icon loks cool so i can guess the program might be also..?

I am also sad because i do not see our own bookmark on the links tab of Firefox but i see XAMPP :P :D

677[/snapback]

Thanks...

NVu is a "complete web authoring system..." More at http://www.nvu.com/

About the bookmark, have a look at the following posting http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=20994 . One day I hope to run a similar test for UniformServer running on 'Damn Small Linux' http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/ :)

Whenever possible, I like to use pictures that either I or someone I know has taken for wallpaper. Seems more personal, and when someone asks "what's that picture", you can actually tell them B)

• 2 months later...

Nice one, i will upload my new one later.. :P

I didn't think you would join... lol, what brought you here, you are Revellion from Brandon's MSN Buddy (Sora) that i spoke with the other day right?

• 3 months later...

lol.. of course, we can't give a female Desktop King.. :angry:

I want on of those Stardock things.... too bad i'm too broke to buy one now ;) ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...