The Uniform Server Community

Allow to start the program even if an instance of MySQL is running

RafaelRLeroux

First thanks for that nice piece of software. I had to check the PHP code of someone, and thanks to this portable WAMP, it was really easy and fast to do.

A tiny annoyance I ran into is that I have MySQL installed on my developer PC, and I first have to stop it before running Start_as_program.exe (the PHP code I had to check was simple and didn't use any DB). It could be useful to only display a message but still allow the user to continue. Then the "Start MySQL" button would be disabled.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

First thanks for that nice piece of software. I had to check the PHP code of someone, and thanks to this portable WAMP, it was really easy and fast to do.

A tiny annoyance I ran into is that I have MySQL installed on my developer PC, and I first have to stop it before running Start_as_program.exe (the PHP code I had to check was simple and didn't use any DB). It could be useful to only display a message but still allow the user to continue. Then the "Start MySQL" button would be disabled.

Thanks.

An alternative resolution might be to go through this once, but then reconfigure your UniServer MySQL to use a different port.

Then, in theory, in later sessions the two copies of MySQL server can coexist.

-Jesse