AlleyKat

Project Helper

• Super Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • SourceForge IDdk_alleykat
  • IRC Nickname: (@)AlleyKat :P

Posted 11 March 2005 - 01:10 PM

hmm you *did* remember to change the info in the config.php file? If not, your local version could be running on your online database... be very careful you don't mess them up :D

#22 Kdaddy

Kdaddy

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 11:56 AM

I didn't change the config.php. I initally did that before your previous suggestions but didn't think to do that after making the aforementioned adjustments. I will do that first chance I get and let you know how it goes. Only two more shifts left after today then I can play again.

I was fortunate that I realized that it was jumping to my live forum because I was about to make some major changes, and that wouldn't have been good. :D

#23 Kdaddy

Kdaddy

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 03:26 PM

Well I got the server to live board problem worked out. I now have a my test server running locally. I am curious if anyone would be willing to instruct me on why I can't do a data only restore. I get the following SQLl error when I try :
Error importing backup file

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '10' for key 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_categories (cat_id, cat_title, cat_order) VALUES('10', 'Laughter is the best Medicine', '70')

Line : 980
File : admin_db_utilities.php

I'm still a major novice when it comes to SQL. What I have done so far is install a fresh vanilla added my template bluelagoon, the following mods, easymod,and weblog. I try to restore with data only when I have the fresh install and I get the same error. Complete restore doesn't seem to advance my cause. Not sure what I'm looking for to change.

Thanks Kdaddy

#24 Kdaddy

Kdaddy

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 01:01 PM

Well if ya'll leave me alone long enough I will have this all fiqured out talking to myself. I found the solution to my problems thanks for the input previously. I did a full restore and added the additional table for the weblog mod that I installed. The weblog information was the only data that I was missing and needed to transfer. I have that now and am off to play. This was the info that helped me.

As far as I know, the phpBB backup feature only backs up the default tables.  However, you can tell it to back up additional tables by listing the tables with a comma between tables.

#25 AlleyKat

AlleyKat

Project Helper

• Super Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 12:06 AM

:D Glad you got it working - sorry, has been busy with other stuff so didn't come by this forum.

I always do all my backups via phpMyAdmin, so I didn't even think of that. :) My bad.

#26 Kdaddy

Kdaddy

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 02:44 PM

:D Glad you got it working - sorry, has been busy with other stuff so didn't come by this forum.

I always do all my backups via phpMyAdmin, so I didn't even think of that.  :(  My bad.

View Post

Everything is up and running great thanks for all the help. I have been playing with it constantly getting things up to date to match my live board. I have finally got there, but when I logged out to test the guest view. I am unable to log back in under my administration. Would you be able to help me with that problem?

I would also like to find out how you do a backup via phpMyAdmin. I just recently started playing with it when I got a hold of this program.

kdaddy

#27 elyk

elyk

Beta Team Veteran

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • SourceForge IDelyk
  • Wiki ID: elyk
  • IRC Nickname: elyk

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:31 PM

click the export tab, select your options and output preference, and click go

#28 Kdaddy

Kdaddy

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:11 PM

I was wondering about the logging out problem with the uniserver/forum. When I logged out to test the guest view of the forum to insure they didn't have access to what they weren't suppose to see.

I am not able to log back in under the admin name. I have to completely shut everything down and bring it back up in order to be logged in as admin. Any ideals what I may need to change or check?

#29 AlleyKat

AlleyKat

Project Helper

• Super Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:00 PM

Usually that is a cookie problem. Try changing the local forums cookie name?

#30 Kdaddy

Kdaddy

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:21 PM

Usually that is a cookie problem. Try changing the local forums cookie name?

View Post

What would I change that too? My live board has .myserver.com., .localhost doesn't seem to work. It currently doesn't have anything in the box for cookie domain.

#31 Kdaddy

Kdaddy

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:21 AM

I am unable to login and get to the ACP even though the link shows up at the bottom. It takes me to error page unable to access.

#32 AlleyKat

AlleyKat

Project Helper

• Super Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:01 PM

You sure all files placed where they should be?

And I was talking cookie name. if several forums have same cookie names, the cookie files gets messed up.

My local test forums has cookies names like 'toodelidoo' and 'vanillatest'.It does stay at the right site?

#33 Kdaddy

Kdaddy

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:28 AM

You sure all files placed where they should be?

And I was talking cookie name. if several forums have same cookie names, the cookie files gets messed up.

My local test forums has cookies names like 'toodelidoo' and 'vanillatest'.It does stay at the right site?

View Post

Could you give me a sample of one of your test board cookie settings. I am having a difficult time getting into the admin area now. It does something rather strange. I will put my username and password, it tells me it is wrong sometimes other times it will give me a page not found screen.

Every now and then when I page back and select the preference { Part of mod-cat hierarchy} button at the top of my page it gives me access to my account and thus the administration area. Now my live forum works without a problem this seems to be strictly a test board server problem. Here are my current settings:

Cookie domain : .localhost
Cookie name:  phpbb2mysql
Cookie path : /
Cookie secure: {set to disabled}
Session length [ 3600 ]  

#34 AlleyKat

AlleyKat

Project Helper

• Super Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:46 PM

Cookie domæne 	 : (nothing)
Cookie navn  : vanillatest
Cookie adresse  : /
Cookie sikkerhed [ https ] Off
Session length [ 3600 ]  
Definitely fix the name. If thats the name on your live board too, you should change that too (and not to the same). All browsers I know have problems with this - I'm fighting a brave fight when I install new boards too, I usually just fix it via phpMyAdmin. :rolleyes:

#35 Kdaddy

Kdaddy

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:36 PM

Well that didnt fix the problem. I'm not sure where to look now I put basically the same thing you posted except for the name I used a different one. The funny thing is, my live board appears to be working fine.

However, I need to fix my test board so that I can see if guest are able to see the areas that I don't want them too.

#36 Kdaddy

Kdaddy

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:26 PM

Sorry for the serial post it wouldn't let me edit the above one. With everything function the test board should act identically to one on a regular server correct? I shouldn't be getting any "This page can't be display" screens?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users