The Uniform Server Community

babyewok

I am using an aging Nano 5.6.16 version of uniform server and want to update, but it seems that the latest versions have a problme with Zone Alarm. I have the very latest version of Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite, but still get a message when I launch unicontroller warnign me about the blue screen of death and that updating to the latest version of zone alarm will solve the issue. The controller then doesn't seem to open, but the process is running

Now, does the controller actually detect the version of zone alarm? In other words, is it just saying, "unless you have the latest version of ZA, you'll have trouble - if you have the latest version, you're fine." or is it saying "your detected version of zonealarm will cause trouble"?

Also, if I disable zone alarm before running the controller, it all opens up just fine. It's not very practical to have to keep enabling/disabling zone alarm all the time!

The Zone Alarm check is a generic test providing a warning only.
After displaying this warning the main application is displayed.

You have highlighted a bug, after displaying warning the application is hidden.
The new controller (ZeroXII_controller_2_1_1.exe) corrects this issue.
The test remains generic however provision has been added to disable the warning message.
Configuration file contains configuration parameter ZoneAlarmCheck under general section set this to false to disable check.

The new controller is included starting with Uniform Server release 12_1_0_ZeroXII.exe.

All the best
Ric