The Uniform Server Community

Subst Not working

dellylix

:P I Don't know if this has been asked before and if It has I appologize :)

I have just grabbed Uniformserver 3.3 and unzipped it to me Laptop.

It runx XP prof with SP2 installed.

When I click on the Server_Start.bat file is creates the W drive and the broswer starts but then the web page never start. I checked the My Computer and the Wdrive is gone.

I've run the bat file from the command line and watched the My Computer window and it does create the W drive , but it then dissapears in about 5 seconds.

It's very frustrating. Any advise???

Regards

Kevin

Does the Server_Start.bat give you any error? Do you have another installation of PHP, MySQL or Apache present on your PC or have you ever installed them before on your PC? Do you have a firewall or something like an Anti-Virus blocking the program? Is something blocking or using Port 80?....

Those are the troubleshooting questions you need to ask yourself and help us answer in order for us to help you.

Thanks.

Does the Server_Start.bat give you any error? Do you have another installation of PHP, MySQL or Apache present on your PC or have you ever installed them before on your PC? Do you have a firewall or something like an Anti-Virus blocking the program? Is something blocking or using Port 80?....

Those are the troubleshooting questions you need to ask yourself and help us answer in order for us to help you.

Thanks.

2741[/snapback]

:)

Hi Olajide,

Thanks for that, but I've already checked all of those and the answers are:

Server_start.bat : No Error displayed.

No other PHP, Mysql or Apache on the system, I don't have the firewall turned on as I'm not connected to a network at this time. Anti-Virus turned off for the same reason, and port 80 is not blocked.

As regards the subst, for W.

When I run the bat file to start uniform server, the W drive is created but the problem is between the W drive being created and the apache starting and the browser starting, the W drive dissapears.

It is the cause of the drive removal that I can't find, I think If I could get the W drive to remain, I think all the other problems would resolve themselves.

hmmm.. you probably installed single installations of PHP or MySQL before. Check to make sure that there is no file called LIIBMYSQL.DLL in the C:/Windows or C:/Windows/System32 folder.

Are you using Skype?

hmmm.. you probably installed single installations of PHP or MySQL before. Check to make sure that there is no file called LIIBMYSQL.DLL in the C:/Windows or C:/Windows/System32 folder.

Are you using Skype?

2798[/snapback]

Hi Checked for the lib file and the only libmysql.dll was in the Uniform Server directory

and yes, I do have skype installed.

Ok, then the problem is with Skype.... you have to edit the preferences and change the port it uses from port 80 to something else.

2807[/snapback]

:) Hi again, Good, news.... :) and bad

Good news is I've found out where the problem is

Bad news is I don't know what I'm going to do to fix.

I've picked out the bones from the Server_Start.bat file.

and run each line manually all the SUBST, SET and START lines from the dos prompt and now I know when the W Drive gets destroyed

And this is the line!!

start %programit%uniserv.exe "%apacheit%" "%closeit%"

As soon as I run this command from the DOS prompt, the W Drive is destroyed.

Any suggestions?

That is not the problem. Tha problem is with Skype. Please change the incoming port from 80 to something else and the problem should be fixed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Server_Start.bat file so you messing with it is bound to cause more problems.

Thanks.