The Uniform Server Community

Uniform Server Zero XI Windows 8

rustyp

Cant get Uniform Server Zero XI to run in windows 8

When I double click on UniController icon the first thing I get is this error.

post-3863-0-03713100-1429458635_thumb.jpg

Then I click "OK" the window goes away and the blue Uniform Server is no place to be found.

I double click on the UniController icon again and I get a error message that its already running, go into task manager and find it just cant find the icon to get to the controller.

post-3863-0-46065700-1429458851_thumb.jpg

Suggestions?

I have no clue what else on this PC is using port 443. How do you check to see what ports on your PC are in use and by what program, also how do you change the default port 443 to something that is not in use in Uniserver?

Thanks in advance.

Skype uses both port 80 and 443, so chances are good that this is the issue.

Here is a link that shows you how to disable Skype from listening on these ports:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/disable-skype-from-using-opening-and-listening-on-port-80-and-443-on-local-computer/

For your second question, start the Windows Task Manager, select Processes and look for the unicontroller process; select it and select End Process.

Cheers!

Lyle

GeneratePress / Elementor / WP Show Posts / Do It Yourself WordPress - Sniffle Valve

You want a WordPress website and you want it now - GOOD CHEAP FAST WEBSITES

Don't take life too seriously ... nobody has ever gotten out of it alive :)

I have never used skype in my life I have never installed the application.

I go into add remove programs and skype is NOT on the list of installed applications.

I go into Programs Files and their is no skype.

I go to the start menu type in skype and it returns a skype thing, I click on the skype thing and the whole screen goes blue with a skype in the middle let it set that way for 10 minutes thats as far as it goes click all the buttons on the mouse nothing hit every key on the keyboard nothing except for alt tab takes me back to where I was before the blue skype screen came up the ONLY way to get back to the skype screen is too go back to the start menu and type in skype again find the link again.

GO back to start menu type in skype again then right click on the icon choose properties app properties comes up click on "Open File Location" button NOTHING!

Aparently their is some kind of skype shit on this computer hiding some place but I have no idea where or how to remove it, I downloaded and installed skype thinking install skype then remove skype in add remove programs then it would clean itself up when UNinstalled, installed then removed, same exact problem.

This link is no good simply because I have no skype to open http://www.mydigitallife.info/disable-skype-from-using-opening-and-listening-on-port-80-and-443-on-local-computer/ I followed the link to here to try and figure out what is controlling port 443 http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-check-and-identify-which-application-is-listening-or-opening-port-80-and-443-on-windows/ none of the commands I typed in returned any useful information.

For example

C:\Windows\System32>netstat -o -n -a | findstr 0.0:443
TCP 0.0.0.0:443 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 4

C:\Windows\System32>

I have about 2.5 hours wrapped up in solving this port 443 error problem.

FYI I was not asking how to use task manager, the question was I can see UniController running in task manager I just cant find the icon so I can get to UniController, UniController running some place its not on my desktop, task bar or in the hidden icons thing so where is it running it must be hidden some place like this skype crapola, the difference is I can find the UniContriller and kill the process I was asking how to get too the process.

I have the opposite problem with the skype problem I never find it running in task manager unless it has a different process name.

Suggestions?

Thanks again.

post-3863-0-42742100-1429476903_thumb.jpg

I didn't mean to imply that it WAS Skype, just that "chances are good" that is was, as Skype is the overwhelming cause of port conflicts.

As you do not have Skype, then there is something else on your system that is using the port. Do you have IIS running? That is another possibility. These are the only two that I can think of at the moment.

GeneratePress / Elementor / WP Show Posts / Do It Yourself WordPress - Sniffle Valve

You want a WordPress website and you want it now - GOOD CHEAP FAST WEBSITES

Don't take life too seriously ... nobody has ever gotten out of it alive :)

I didn't mean to imply that it WAS Skype, just that "chances are good" that is was, as Skype is the overwhelming cause of port conflicts.

As you do not have Skype, then there is something else on your system that is using the port. Do you have IIS running? That is another possibility. These are the only two that I can think of at the moment.

How can I see what programs are using what ports on my PC ?

Temporary solution was to fire up my old slow PC and use it. Need to get it working on this computer.

Thanks again.

To determine what ports are being used on a PC try 'cports', a free utility:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html

Install and run cports. In the cports tabular list find the port of interest and make note of the process ID for the app that's using it.

Open Task Manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc) and sort on PID, then look for the matching line item which will reveal the app.