The Uniform Server Community

MySQL Keeps Dying

Neotropic

I noticed with the lates version I am using (7.1.4-Orion) MySQL keeps dying. I mean it completely dies. I will be in phpmyadmin, and it randomly shuts the server down, sometimes entirely or just sql. After an sql update, trying to view a table ect. its constant and annoying! Hardly happens when I run my scripts. Usually my fault if it does, but phpmyadmin is not my fault!

Any ideas here? Does not happen to me at work, but does to a co-worker. But does for me at home.

To be more clear, its either 'connection has been reset' or 'unable to connect'. And call by either localhost or 127.0.0.1

And more deterring that it still happens sometimes after restarting it all. Seems something in the string (or session). Because once I remove the string in the URL after restarting, it works.

Obviously, this is painful, but equally difficult to analyze without adequate info about your environment. Also, you don't include info from the MySQL and Apache logs or the Windows event logs. In other words, we don't have enough info to help.

Since you indicate that you're running 7.1.4, I suggest that the "latest" version (now 7.1.11, which updates both MySQL and phpMyAdmin) may help.

Also, what "string in the URL" are you referring to?

Regards,

BobS

• 8 months later...

I noticed with the lates version I am using (7.1.4-Orion) MySQL keeps dying. I mean it completely dies. I will be in phpmyadmin, and it randomly shuts the server down, sometimes entirely or just sql. After an sql update, trying to view a table ect. its constant and annoying! Hardly happens when I run my scripts. Usually my fault if it does, but phpmyadmin is not my fault!

Any ideas here? Does not happen to me at work, but does to a co-worker. But does for me at home.

To be more clear, its either 'connection has been reset' or 'unable to connect'. And call by either localhost or 127.0.0.1

And more deterring that it still happens sometimes after restarting it all. Seems something in the string (or session). Because once I remove the string in the URL after restarting, it works.

Did you ever get this figured out? Since I "upgraded" to Coral, I spend more time trying to figure out why the server isn't working than I do on my actual work. Apache crashes -- but it doesn't (usually when trying to use phpmyadmin), MySQL server "goes away" -- but it doesn't sometimes, pages are downloaded instead of rendered or there are hieroglyphs on the page, while the source looks fine -- on all my browsers. It's a circus. Everything works fine on the production server, though.

So I stopped by here to try to figure out where to start trying to get a handle on what's going on. Just wondered what you found.

Never got any further info on the problem. Perhaps he upgraded to the last Orion version.

Regards,

BobS