The Uniform Server Community

Upgrading to Nano problem

DannyH

Hi Guys :angry:

I have a strange problem occurring here with trying to upgrade to uniform server

5.6.6 Nano

I use Joomla Pack now “AKEEBA BACKUP” for all our Joomla sites, some on Cpanel & some sites on Uniform Server Mona 4.0

Joomla Pack takes a remote backup of the complete websites and databases and I can re install them on any Cpanel and Uniform Server Mona 4.0 but when trying to re install them on 5.6.6 Nano everything installs correctly and the sites run but all the website menus do not display and if you log into the back end the menus are listed but when you click on any menu say “Main Menu” the listings are missing

Even If I don’t use Joomla Pack and just backup the database and import into Nano I have the same results

Am I missing something really silly here?

Any suggestions would be great

Danny

Personal website

Uniform Server - hMail Server - Joomla

• 6 months later...

"Even If I don’t use Joomla Pack and just backup the database and import into Nano I have the same results."

If I recall correctly, some of Joomla's plugins embed full paths in the database. Since Mona and Nano have different directory trees, this may be the problem. What you need to do is find the entries in the database and modify them (yucck). :)

This may be easier to do in a phpMyAdmin export/edit/import scenario.

Regards,

BobS