The Uniform Server Community

cannot open phpMyAdmin

angus203

cannot open phpMyAdmin from ver3.3

please improve?

and new version has not auto open admin apanel?

i feel no convenient.

Warning: require_once(./lang/chinese_traditional-big5.inc.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in W:\home\admin\www\phpMyAdmin\libraries\select_lang.lib.php on line 307

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './lang/chinese_traditional-big5.inc.php' (include_path='.;/usr/local/PHP/includes;/usr/local/PHP/pear') in W:\home\admin\www\phpMyAdmin\libraries\select_lang.lib.php on line 307

We do not always get what we want in life

Everything in 3.3 was done for a reason. If you get the language error in phpMyAdmin, download the version from their site and get the language file. Simple as that. We cannot add all the languages because they are about 2+MB

We removed the starting > admin panel because it is also a security risk.... starting the server and it going directly to the admin panel... I'm sure you have time to type in /apanel/ to the end of http://localhost.

• 3 weeks later...

Please don't think i am lashing at you... its not that we do not know how to fix it or what the problem is, its just that adding the damn language files adds more size (about 3MB more) to the server!

We are all about cutting size.... its our fault, next time we will just delete the codes for those languages.

Thanks. :) :)

*hope we still friends* :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe it's pretty easy replacing the phpmyadmin anyway, right... I have at least a couple of versions installed here.. and editing it isn't all that bad anyway, just add the langfiles and edit the diskw\home\admin\www\phpMyAdmin\libraries\select_lang.lib.php

$available_languages = array(
   'af-iso-8859-1'     => array('af|afrikaans', 'afrikaans-iso-8859-1', 'af'),
   'af-utf-8'          => array('af|afrikaans', 'afrikaans-utf-8', 'af'),
   'ar-win1256'        => array('ar|arabic', 'arabic-windows-1256', 'ar'),
// [etc usw osv]
   'zh-utf-8'          => array('zh|chinese simplified', 'chinese_simplified-utf-8', 'zh')
);

- or copy over the file from latest PMA, as I recall it hasn't changed.

I'm totally on Olajides side in this, they're big and it's bloat. :)