Photo

How to upgrade without loosing vhosts and MySql users?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 smz

smz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IRC Nickname: smz
  • Main OS: Windows 8

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

Good day everybody,

This is my first post to the forum so I would like to take the occasion to thanks the developper for this fantastic product.

I'm a web desginer and PHP programmer (mostly for Joomla) and I very often use UniformServer as my test/demo platform (I'm on Windows 8.1 right now).

Everything is working perfectly but I have an issue when upgarding UniformServer from one version to the newest one. Maybe I missed some important piece of information and/or FAQ and I hope you'll forgive me if this is the case.

The problem is that when I upgrade (overwriting the old installation) I loose my Apache vhosts configuration and my MySQL users (I use different users for each vhost).

Can somebody please be so kind to explain me how can I keep those two piececes of configuration? Which file shouldn't be overwritten and/or backed-up before upgrading?

As far as regards vhosts *I think* the file to be saved is core/apache2/conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf, but I'm wondering if I should instead preserve the whole core/apache2/conf hierarchy...

As far as regards MySql users... I'm lost!

Actually I have one more question: in my VPS (hosted at site5.com) I can choose which PHP version to use for a particular vhost by using the "AddHandler" directive inside .htaccess. My default PHP version is 5.4, but if I want a vhost to use PHP 5.2 I can add this directive in .htaccess:

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php52 .php

Is anythinig like this possible with UniformServer or is the choiche of PHP version only available through the UniController?

Many thanks in advance and regards,

smz

#2 smz

smz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IRC Nickname: smz
  • Main OS: Windows 8

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

Bump! Is there anybody out there? :rolleyes:

#3 Cigaras

Cigaras

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Main OS: Other

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:20 AM

I have same issue, and can not find anything in documentation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users