The Uniform Server Community

PHP plugin cURL not working when running Apache as service

jant90

I enabled the PHP cURL module and it works fine when I start Apache from UniController.exe, but I installed Apache as service and then the cURL plugin is no longer loaded. If I stop the service and run Apache from UniController again cURL is loaded just fine. So it's not a problem on my side with the configuration files (that are changed by the service installer) but I can't figure out where to fix it.

So, how do I fix this?

I'm running Uniform Server ZeroXII with PHP 7.0.2 but this problem was already present on PHP 7.0.0 (updating didn't change anything).

Thanks.

• 10 months later...

Same issue using ZeroXIII 13.0.2 with PHP 7.0.12, UniService v. 2.2.0

This is the error I find in Apache logs:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '***/UniServerZ/core/php70/extensions\\php_curl.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

After reading http://forum.uniformserver.com/index.php?showtopic=3091 I added my php extensions path to environmental variables and now it works, but I am not sure why, I mean how other extensions are loaded and php_curl.dll is failing when all extensions are located in same folder...