The Uniform Server Community

gd-jpeg: JPEG library reports unrecoverable error

danyalejandro

Since upgrading to the most recent versions, autogenerating thumbnail images from drupal became impossible. The process of image generation is broken and I'm getting the following warnings:

• Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(): gd-jpeg: JPEG library reports unrecoverable error: in image_gd_load() (line 232 in C:\UniServerZ\www\uniautonoma\modules\system\image.gd.inc).
  • Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(): pez.jpg is not a valid JPEG file en line 232 in C:\UniServerZ\www\uniautonoma\modules\system\image.gd.inc).
Line 232 just invokes the function imagecreatefromjpg(). The error only happens for some images (not all of them). PNG images are not affected.

I'm in Windows. Switching to WAMP or XAMP solves the issue. Uploading my website to my webhosting (linux) solves the issue.

I realized this after spending many hours trying to fix the problem, and I found forums where it was discussed that the jpeglib should be compiled with php, matching the configured version somewhere (something along the lines of "new jpeglib was not compiled correctly").

Even though I'm a big fan of UniServer, I'll have to switch to another option until this is solved :(.

It has taken time to locate the real cause however I managed to find a image that reproduces the issue you observed. Using this image I have found a solution.

Next release of Uniform Server ZeroXI (11.6.2) and corresponding modules will correct this issue.

All the best
Ric