The Uniform Server Community

UniCenter

Ric

I sit here looking at the forum and see no real activity. A number of visitors well just pass by. :lol:

The trouble is I look at UniCenter, kindly hosted by Olajide, true to his word no censorship; I do really mean that and thank him for being that honest. :(

The real reason for this post, I know UniCenter is getting to the stage where it is well past its sell by date. OK to be honest a little difficult to manage. :o

I will publish a few more articles for 3.5 however what I would like to known do you find the material useful? :unsure:

I would like to prune or delete topics that are no longer of any use. However I would like to know is there anything related to UniServer that you would like covered. :angry:

Experts need not apply; if you cannot switch that PC on I will come knocking on your door. Seriously if there is something you do not understand I will try to cover that, is the reason for UniCenter’s existence. :rolleyes:

Feel free to add any comments to this post, I will apologise in advance for not answering every post but the feed back will be more than welcome and I thank you for that. :blink:

All the best

Ric

HI - I just wanted to go on record as saying I LOVE Unicenter. All your hard work has been just so very helpful to me - I can write coldfusion code, but I am not anywhere near being a "tech" ;P

& If I have trouble finding something at the unicenter I just go to the sitemap. I haven't posted anything here in the forum in a long time because 1. I've been up to my eyebrows in alligators in work, 2. I have been awaiting the release of 3.5 and 3. I haven't had anything worthwhile to contribute.

The one thing I have been hoping to see is a tutorial or version I could run off of a CD (where maybe mysql would right its data file to c:\temp or ???) - I could work this out myself (with much mistake making and anquish) but just have had so much going on in both my work life and personal life that I keep putting that off.

Anyway - in conclusion - Thank you! for Unicenter :rolleyes: - It is a treasure trove of much needed info.

Megan

:rolleyes: I know megan.. i also love the UniCenter and i am even thinking of taking the wiki down cause it pretty much takes the use of the wiki since it even has more information.... :unsure:

But really Ric, if you wanted more topics, you could just do something like the wiki. How to install this and that, like the wiki on cd, i am sorry, been to busy to get to do that, but i know you can do it, pretty easy.. just turn the logs off or put them somewhere else and co....

I will get back to you though... gotta run!

:angry: I know megan.. i also love the UniCenter and i am even thinking of taking the wiki down cause it pretty much takes the use of the wiki since it even has more information.... :blink:

Olajide take the Wiki down! No way, I see that as a professional source of information, UniCenter is only an alternative point of view. :unsure:

I use both the Wiki and the bolg for my information, so please do not even think about it. :lol:

All the best

Ric :rolleyes:

Ok Ok... lol... :rolleyes: Still trying to fight all the bots changing the pages... Thats why i took registration down for now to disable all the accounts they might have registered...

After that i will upgrade it to the new version. :unsure:

The one thing I have been hoping to see is a tutorial or version I could run off of a CD (where maybe mysql would right its data file to c:\temp or ???) - I could work this out myself (with much mistake making and anquish) but just have had so much going on in both my work life and personal life that I keep putting that off.

Anyway - in conclusion - Thank you! for Unicenter :rolleyes: - It is a treasure trove of much needed info.

Megan

Hi Megan

Thanks for the kind words, request noted. I am in the process of doing just that. When 3.5 final is released it will take about a week to test and publish. Hope you like it; so far I have produced only one beer coaster!

All the best

Ric

:unsure:

Anyway - in conclusion - Thank you! for Unicenter :angry: - It is a treasure trove of much needed info.

Megan

As promised take a look at this page: :unsure:

http://center.uniformserver.com/us_35_oily_rag/uscd_1.html

OK not finised, on-going but a good pointer, hack it around. :rolleyes:

All the best

Ric :blink:

Well the code for USCD2 (3.5-Apollo) is almost in place. An unofficial plugin with a little tutorial, I have one problem with it! Not sure what users want? :blink:

In CD-mode it currently updates UniServer and it’s files that are not applicable to CD operation (my personal view). OK rips the heart out of apanel’s menus. :rolleyes:

In US-mode restores every thing back to their originals. :o

Just wondering what a user will use it for and how flexible they want this version. :unsure:

Any feedback will be interesting and considered for inclusion must be general for every user. :lol:

There are no deadlines its an ongoing project well Oily Rag what do you expect! :angry:

All the best

Ric

:(

As promised take a look at this page: :angry:

http://center.uniformserver.com/us_35_oily...ily_rag_3a.html

OK not finised, on-going but a good pointer, hack it around. :rolleyes:

All the best

Ric :blink:

Ric - Thank you!!! so very much - as to why a user would want it - I want to be able to create some "demo" apps to distribute on CD - also have a couple other quirky "CD" ideas Wow! I can hardly wait to try this out :lol:

Thank you again, I am Totally appreciative :unsure:

You may be interested!

I have just published the second part of my little tutorials on how to run 3.5-Applo from a CD.

You can find it here:

http://center.uniformserver.com/us_35_oily_rag/uscd_2.html

It offers additional flexibility however one part I could not get working was phpMyBackUpPro its due to the method they use for updating their global config file.

One minor issue I always forget about language files hence apanel is hard coded in English.

We might be coming with a CD version of the Uniform Server by the end of the year.

I look forward to that, always interested in alternative solutions mine tend to be hacks more than final solutions. :unsure:

Well that brings me to one final point I have hacked 3.5-Apollo around and have one page on UniCenter I like more than any other!

http://center.uniformserver.com/us_35_oily...o_problems.html :rolleyes:

All the best

Ric

:angry:

I have just updated Oily Rag, seems I managed to screw several links, backtracked on this thread and hopefully corrected all links. :(

I am easily side tracked; all the best John hope you enjoy the CGI and CLI Perl stuff :D

The link you are looking for is:

http://center.uniformserver.com/us_35_oily...perl_intro.html B)

I do ramble on so go to CLI examples. Trust you are now a member of the forum! :angry:

All the best

Ric :)