The Uniform Server Community

[Solved] php_mbstring.dll not found

Scott

When I start Uniform Server I get two error windows from Apache.exe stating "Unable to Locate Component" - "php_mbstring.dll was not found". Tried re-extracting the .zip a few times - did not help.

Also can't access mySQL through phpAdmin - says Cannot load mysqli extension.

Are these problems related?

Hi Scott

Noticed the duplicated post hence I have deleted it.

The two problems are related; although Apache reports the errors in reality it’s a PHP issue.

What I need to know is the version of Uniform Server you are using?

All the best

Ric :)

When I start Uniform Server I get two error windows from Apache.exe stating "Unable to Locate Component" - "php_mbstring.dll was not found". Tried re-extracting the .zip a few times - did not help.

Also can't access mySQL through phpAdmin - says Cannot load mysqli extension.

Are these problems related?

I am using v5-Nano (5.3?)

I think I may have stumbled upon the problem. In looking at the logs I see:

- PHP Warning: PHP Startup: mbstring: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with build ID=API20090626,TS,VC6\nPHP compiled with build ID=API20090626,TS,VC9\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0

How can I change the compiler? There are other similar errors for other module startups in the log file.

I am using v5-Nano (5.3?)

I think I may have stumbled upon the problem. In looking at the logs I see:

- PHP Warning: PHP Startup: mbstring: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with build ID=API20090626,TS,VC6\nPHP compiled with build ID=API20090626,TS,VC9\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0

How can I change the compiler? There are other similar errors for other module startups in the log file.

YEE-HA!! :)

Seems that in previous fooling around with PHP installations on iis (on this box), I had copied a php dll into the windows system32 folder. Once I found and deleted that - I was good to go!

Wish I could edit the post subject to SOLVED!

Yep! Been down that path anyway glad you have it working I was about to look at this issue.

Thanks for the post saved me some time.

All the best

Ric :)