The Uniform Server Community

PDO (PHP Data Objects)

FrankJ

I tried to load Drupal 7 on my Uniform Server 5.7.1 and get this message below. I apologize, but I have very little experience with the workings of a server. Should I go and download the PDO support files from MySQL? How hard is it to install? Will that mess up Uniform Server? I also found something on PHP.net that stated I just had to alter php.ini. I am not sure exactly which ones to enable. I have the Uniform Server running on a flash drive. My computer is running WindowsXP SP3 with 2Gb of ram, if that has anything to do with it. (and do I need to keep coming back here to keep seeing if anyone answers or is there an email notification? if needed knarfhill@embarqmail.com)

-----------------

Drupal message

Database support Disabled

Your web server does not appear to support any common PDO database extensions. Check with your hosting provider to see if they support PDO (PHP Data Objects) and offer any databases that Drupal supports Drupal supports.

Drupal state the following:

For Apache, you will need to make sure php_pdo.dll and php_pdo_mysql.dll exist in the php/ext directory, un-comment or add the appropriate lines in php.ini, and restart the web server.

Note: The php_pdo.dll is pre-compiled into PHP 5.3.5 hence will not appear in the extensions folder.

Extension php_pdo_mysql.dll exists in the extensions folder however it needs to be enabled in php.ini configuration file. To enable perform the following:

Edit file:

UniServer\usr\local\php\php.ini

Locate this line:

;extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll

Un-comment the line (remove ; ) as shown below:

extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll

Enable InnoDB

Otherwise you will receive this error:

Syntax error or access violation: 1286 Unknown storage engine 'InnoDB'

Edit file:

UniServer\usr\local\mysql\my.ini

Locate this line:

skip-innodb

Comment line (add #) as shown below:

#skip-innodb

Finally: During installation use a real e-mail address otherwise install will fail.

Tested on: Nano 5.7.1 Drupal 7.0

All the best

Ric :)

• 1 month later...

"Note: Drupal supports MyISAM and InnoDB table types. NDB tables (MySQL Cluster) are not supported." From http://drupal.org/requirements. Drupal 5.x, 6.x, 7.x requirements page. And my uniformserver was not set up this way, thus the original question. I did as outlined above and D7 loaded just fine.

Yup, I just installed Drupal 7 a minute ago and can confirm that nothing broke after ALTERing all the tables to ENGINE=MyISAM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Does this mean Drupal 7 *requires* InnoDB? I can see this being a problem for many people because most cheap hosts only support MyISAM.

I actually did not know that some web hosting provider do not support Drupal 7. I think I will contact the customer support of my web hosting provider and will check if they also support Drupal 7 but I think this should not be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Ric,

I was having the same problem and followed your instructions but unfortunately still get this error message:

Error

Your web server does not appear to support any common PDO database extensions. Check with your hosting provider to see if they support PDO (PHP Data Objects) and offer any databases that Drupal supports.

Any ideas what I can try next please?

I'm using version Orion 7.1.12 on windows 7

Cheers

Rob

Drupal state the following:

For Apache, you will need to make sure php_pdo.dll and php_pdo_mysql.dll exist in the php/ext directory, un-comment or add the appropriate lines in php.ini, and restart the web server.

Note: The php_pdo.dll is pre-compiled into PHP 5.3.5 hence will not appear in the extensions folder.

Extension php_pdo_mysql.dll exists in the extensions folder however it needs to be enabled in php.ini configuration file. To enable perform the following:

Edit file:

UniServer\usr\local\php\php.ini

Locate this line:

;extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll

Un-comment the line (remove ; ) as shown below:

extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll

Enable InnoDB

Otherwise you will receive this error:

Syntax error or access violation: 1286 Unknown storage engine 'InnoDB'

Edit file:

UniServer\usr\local\mysql\my.ini

Locate this line:

skip-innodb

Comment line (add #) as shown below:

#skip-innodb

Finally: During installation use a real e-mail address otherwise install will fail.

Tested on: Nano 5.7.1 Drupal 7.0

All the best

Ric ;)

• 3 months later...

Hi Ric,

I was having the same problem and followed your instructions but unfortunately still get this error message:

Error

Your web server does not appear to support any common PDO database extensions. Check with your hosting provider to see if they support PDO (PHP Data Objects) and offer any databases that Drupal supports.

Any ideas what I can try next please?

I'm using version Orion 7.1.12 on windows 7

Cheers

Rob

Hi,

I had the very same issue with Orion 7.1.4 on Win 7. But I could manage to resolve the issue by manually restarting the Orion server. Maybe it is the trick for you as well!

Thanks,

Vaalf