The Uniform Server Community

Uniform Server 3.3 Special Delivery

olajideolaolorun

As good generosity, or whatever you want to call it, we would like to know what new thing you want in 3.3

Tell us and we will see if it is possible, if it is not, it may make it as a plugin.

Please keep the words "SIZE & NO DUST" in mind.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

1) A better and all - in - one interface for STARTING the UNiform Server (thinking to make a interface instead of using BATCH Files).

2) Will be happy to design a complete new design for admin panel (either Browser based or these all options too coded in the other interface that I am speaking about previously)

will add more features in the list sooner:)

sorting out keeping in mind size of the total packing......

Thanks for a nice product:)

Cabra, Uniform Server 3.3 wont be released till PHP 5.1 comes out of Beta and in Stable :D

Sorry :(

Securitywonks, currently the bat files is the best and small way to run the server. It is also safe and also editable, meaning users and developers can modify easily.... which makes it more open source :D

Uniform Server 3.3 comes with Admin Panel 2.0, a new Admin Panel. :D More Info @ The Blog

Thank you guys, and keep 'em coming :D I want more....

Cabra, Uniform Server 3.3 wont be released till PHP 5.1 comes out of Beta and in Stable

It's not a beta, it's the first release candidate. It might be not stable enough for live servers (as I saw in a poll before some users use the uniformserver not only for testing...), but it's enough for local, future-oriented developing.

I'm working on a big project and want to integrate the great PHP 5.1 features in an early stage, because this will be an old version when I'll have finnished my work;)

I love the uniformserver! :( It's one package and I do not have to install anything. That's great and the reason, why I do not want to install PHP 5.1 manually - I always get conflicts with servers runnig, dlls and so on...

My suggestion:

Two version - a standard stable one and a developer version with the currently released versions of PHP and MySQL (but no beta versions). :D

We have Beta Versions for Beta Testers to test and see if everything is alright.

About the Stable and Developer Release.. nah, not needed. Our plan is to update everything has it is being released... and that will be too much work, we still have plugin installers and some other things to work on... feature request, bug fixes, and so on so we are over worked and that will triple everything right now. :(

And we are also thinking of a Linux package or even any other like Mac OS X, so we can catch up in the game :D

Oh and also, 3.3 is suppose to be a new stand point, thats why we want a good stable release.... I can help you update your current 3.2a installation if you like. Just send me an email or catch me on Yahoo/MSN :(

Thanks a lot, I'll write you a mail. But first some suggestions to better the MySQL configuration with an admin interface (missing on the screens of the admin panel and something I always have to do manually):

- activation of addional table types like innodb tables

- setting the sql mode for better compability with other databases like DB2, Oracle, M$SQL,... a great feature (see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/server-sql-mode.html)

- setting system variables (see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/server-s...-variables.html)

Bye,

cabra

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We are and do always update every component of the server on new releases. About the PHP Switcher, a user here made one and can be downloaded in a topic... look for it in this forum.