The Uniform Server Community

500 Internal Server Error question

gecko

Ok...sorry for being so short with this one but I have a cgi script that is producing the following error in my apache error log:

[Tue Oct 11 17:05:28 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of script headers: setup.cgi

[Tue Oct 11 17:05:28 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Can't locate DB_File.pm in @INC (@INC contains: W:/usr/lib .) at W:/cgi-bin/setup.cgi line 15.\r

[Tue Oct 11 17:05:28 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at W:/cgi-bin/setup.cgi line 15.\r

The part of the script 'I believe' it is hanging up on is:

#!/usr/bin/perl
#################################################################
#                  The Cool Host Hosting System                 #
#                   Copyright (c) J.T. Cotton                   #
#                  Last Modified 14th May 2004                  #
#                          Version 2.3a                         #
#               website: http://www.jtcotton.com                #
#                e-mail: webmaster@jtcotton.com                 #

#use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

use Fcntl;
use DB_File;
eval "use DB_File";
if ($@)
{
&error_html("Module <b><u>DB_File</u></b> <font color=red>not found. Installation of DB_File is required. Please contact your server administrator and request that DB_File be installed.</font>.");
exit;
}

Line 15 specifically is:

use DB_File;

I honestly don't know much about PERL but could this '500' error be produced by my cgi script calling an apache module that is not normally installed on a default UniformServer setup? If that is the case which module do I need? If that is not the case please let me know what more information you need to help me out. Oh, and the script I am trying to run is a setup script for a geocities style hosting program. All other cgi scripts that came with UniformServer seem to function as they should.

Thanks much...

l8r,

Jake (aka gecko)

gecko@digiraver.com

http://www.digiraver.com

k, i have attached the file that is needed. You need to download it to the W:/usr/lib/ folder.

Make sure to unzip it first. :( :)

The bad news is that it still might not work. Why? Cause that script, that file is a connector to the Berkley DB which we do not use/not integrated into Uniform Server.

Try it, if it works Great :D

DB_File.zip

Ok, so if all I have to do is put that file into the /usr/lib folder then it didn't work. If I was also supposed to modify a config file somewhere then I am not done yet.

If all I had to do is put the file into the folder then would rewriting the script for use with a different database system work? If so what system would you recommend? hehe...and of course...is there a less drastic step?

oh wait...the message in the apache error log changed...what does this mean:

[Wed Oct 12 17:38:28 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of script headers: setup.cgi
[Wed Oct 12 17:38:28 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Can't locate auto/DB_File/autosplit.ix in @INC (@INC contains: W:/usr/lib .) at W:/usr/lib/AutoLoader.pm line 160.\r
[Wed Oct 12 17:38:28 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]  at W:/usr/lib/DB_File.pm line 184\r
[Wed Oct 12 17:38:28 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Can't locate Tie/Hash.pm in @INC (@INC contains: W:/usr/lib .) at W:/usr/lib/DB_File.pm line 19.\r
[Wed Oct 12 17:38:28 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Compilation failed in require at W:/cgi-bin/setup.cgi line 15.\r
[Wed Oct 12 17:38:28 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at W:/cgi-bin/setup.cgi line 15.\r

Thanks...

l8r,

Jake (aka gecko)

It really doesn't matter, if the script does not work with MySQL then it wont work on the server. Check to make sure that it uses MySQL rather than Berkley DB which is not supported on Uniform Server.

Thanks...

BTW: There are other scripts you can use that can work? Whats the name of the one you are using?