The Uniform Server Community

Unitray in different colours

nikudza

Is it possible to make Uniserver tray icon change it's colour depending on server's state? For example, blue - server is turned on but not running (Stop Uniserver), green - turned on and running (Start Uniserver), maybe red - some problems (like some port is busy or whatever).

Hasn't the unitray already done this way: change specific icon color according to various states ...

Is it possible to make Uniserver tray icon change it's colour depending on server's state? For example, blue - server is turned on but not running (Stop Uniserver), green - turned on and running (Start Uniserver), maybe red - some problems (like some port is busy or whatever).

Hasn't the unitray already done this way: change specific icon color according to various states ...

Oh, has it? I don't think so, at least not in my computer - it's always blue and has "1" on it. I looked files in *:\UniServer\unicon\tray_menu directory, there 9 images, tray_image_1.bat - tray_image_9.bat, all blue, just have different numbers on them. No coloured icons. And even the number on tray icon never changes.

I've got the latest version of Uniserver.

Have I missed something?:)

It is difficult to change tray icon to match server’s current running state hence will not be implemented in the current releases.

However the Carbo series uses tri-state menu buttons providing user feedback. Run the latest Carbo and see if that meets your requirements.

Tray numbers 1 to 9 identify an instance of Uniform Server. You can run more than one instance of Uniform Server at the same. Default is number one this uses standard server ports. For details check out the following:

http://wiki.uniformserver.com/index.php/5....:_Multi-Servers

A more up to date write up can be found here:

http://bobstrand.com/totm/2010/05/05/running-multiple-wamps/

All the best

Ric :)