The Uniform Server Community

Mysql basedir update

Dimitris

Hello everyone,

I am new to uniform server which i unzipped a few days back in C:/Uniform Server/.... and started playing around with it successfully.

I recently installed another app on my laptop which also installed a new mysql instance under C:/Program Files/<New App>/Mysql5/....

When i start now the server it seems that i finds the new mysql under .../Mysql5/... and picks up the corresponding basedir.

How can i change this and go back to what i had before (without uninstalling the new app)

Thanks in advance.

Dimitris

How can i change this and go back to what i had before (without uninstalling the new app)
You can’t go back without removing the new app. Both MySQL servers are using port 3306 hence are in conflict. However if you wish to run both applications you have two options:

Option 1:

New application. If there is an option to change the MySQL port from 3306 to say 3307 do so and both apps will run.

Option 2:

Alternative is to move Uniform Server to different ports. See this Wiki page for details:

http://wiki.uniformserver.com/index.php/5....:_Multi-Servers

Preferred method is option 1.

All the best

Ric ;)

Thanks Ric,

I will try that.

Dimitris

You can’t go back without removing the new app. Both MySQL servers are using port 3306 hence are in conflict. However if you wish to run both applications you have two options:

Option 1:

New application. If there is an option to change the MySQL port from 3306 to say 3307 do so and both apps will run.

Option 2:

Alternative is to move Uniform Server to different ports. See this Wiki page for details:

http://wiki.uniformserver.com/index.php/5....:_Multi-Servers

Preferred method is option 1.

All the best

Ric ;)