The Uniform Server Community

where is phpmybackup?

aquadhere

Hi,

I am an admin for a small university website, and I am considering to migrate from WAMPserver to the uniform server. It looks great, but I have to ask, I can't seem to access the myphpbackup pro plugin.

I've checked the apanel, and the directory structure in the latest version (4.3 Mona, downloaded from sourceforge) and for the life of me, I can't seem to find it.

Do I have to install it separately? This isn't a problem, but I would hate to have some kind of conflict when I'm making backups of precious information (we run surveys on our server).

You seem to be doing great work, thank you for this wonderful package and keep up the good work.

aquadhere

phpMyBackupPro v.2.1 was dropped with the introduction of 4-Mona basically because there was no demand for it.

Hence you will need to install it manually.

I noticed the last update was 04/01/2007 only reason for mentioning this it looks like you will have to run several tests to make sure it is consistent with newer PHP and MySQL.

PHP 3.0 is around the corner hence long-term the above could be an issue if phpMyBackupPro is not updated accordingly.

All the best

Ric :blink:

• 9 months later...

I am looking at the change log and see phpMyBackupPro Added - 1.7.1

So where is it how do I access it how do I use it?

- PHP & PHP Extensions updated to 5.1.1;

- MySQL updated to 5.1.17;

- Apache updated to 2.0.55;

- ActivePerl updated to 5.8.7.815;

- phpMyAdmin updated to 2.6.4-pl4;

- phpMyBackupPro Added - 1.7.1

- New Admin Panel 2.0 - Alpha Release;

- Multilingual

- SSL PreInstalled;

- Service Scripts Updated/Bug Fix

- New Start Page

- Plugin System suitable;

- core server arcitecture/structure updated; ...

Thanks in advance

Happy Easter!!

I am looking at the change log and see phpMyBackupPro Added - 1.7.1

So where is it how do I access it how do I use it?

- PHP & PHP Extensions updated to 5.1.1;

- MySQL updated to 5.1.17;

- Apache updated to 2.0.55;

- ActivePerl updated to 5.8.7.815;

- phpMyAdmin updated to 2.6.4-pl4;

- phpMyBackupPro Added - 1.7.1

- New Admin Panel 2.0 - Alpha Release;

- Multilingual

- SSL PreInstalled;

- Service Scripts Updated/Bug Fix

- New Start Page

- Plugin System suitable;

- core server arcitecture/structure updated; ...

Thanks in advance

Happy Easter!!

which Uniform Server? i think that an old one? I think Ric already answer why Uniform Server Developer drop phpMyBackupPro from US package :)

I'm not a coder nor a programmer. I just love learning from error :P

which Uniform Server? i think that an old one? I think Ric already answer why Uniform Server Developer drop phpMyBackupPro from US package :)

Current server I guess heck I dont remember now it was off the change log I was reading I cut and paste exactly what I was reading into my post above, so much info on the server is scattered in so many different places its impossible for me to remember exactly where I cut and paste it from, maybe it was form the admin page in the server? in the wiki? in the server docs? you got me I am sure the author of the change list knows right where to go. :-)

If its been removed then it should only take seconds for the author to remove it.

If I run across the list I took it from I will post the link.

Thanks

Ok I found it here is the page I read it on

http://www.uniformserver.com/doc/index.html

To get their I started up the server and loaded the page http://localhost/apanel/

Then on the menu to the left click on the "Uniform Server User Guide" then once that page loads on the left menu click on "Change Log "

Thanks.

Oh my that documents not updates hehe :) thats for Uniform Server version 3.3

Current version is 5.X and 4.X as far as i know the last version of 3.x is 3.5 :) thats old version is for 3.x but if you want to do some backup there's a few php script such as mysqldump or using phpmyadmin :)

for latest development and update you can go to http://wiki.uniformserver.com/index.php/Main_Page

good luck and all the best :)

Oh my that documents not updates hehe :) thats for Uniform Server version 3.3

Current version is 5.X and 4.X as far as i know the last version of 3.x is 3.5 :) thats old version is for 3.x but if you want to do some backup there's a few php script such as mysqldump or using phpmyadmin :)

for latest development and update you can go to http://wiki.uniformserver.com/index.php/Main_Page

good luck and all the best :)

Yup I seen the 3.3 but like I said before with all the info on this thing spread out over 50 different locations ( every thing you click on takes you some place you dont recognize) I am so confused I really dont know what I am reading any more, I am sure this all makes sense to the author but their is no sensible flow to me.

If it was mine their would be a single point of location for all the docs and a message board to communicate with, what more do you need, as with all wikis it would be deleted from the sever IMO it never should have been installed, NO wiki should have ever been installed its a total BS idea each time you go to a wiki info has changed you can never find something you had read in the past, anything more is just nothing but confusion and ore importantly aggravation.

Thanks for the clarification :)

Ho for a librarian!

At the bottom of each Wiki page is a category; always worth looking at.

I totally agree it’s difficult to find information! Hence I have some spare time and will devote 100% of my free time to sort it out. :)

Hey! If you are running a personal server why not switch it off.

Navigate to folder UniServer\usr\local\mysql\data

Each database is listed in it’s own folder. Just copy that to somewhere safe

Hay! One quick backup :)

All the best

Ric. :)

• 1 month later...

Ho for a librarian!

At the bottom of each Wiki page is a category; always worth looking at.

I totally agree it’s difficult to find information! Hence I have some spare time and will devote 100% of my free time to sort it out. :angry:

Hey! If you are running a personal server why not switch it off.

Navigate to folder UniServer\usr\local\mysql\data

Each database is listed in it’s own folder. Just copy that to somewhere safe

Hay! One quick backup :angry:

All the best

Ric. :)

ric i wonder if we can make a batch file using 7zip to compress data from that mysql? ( i think i see it somewhere ... i'll try to make one and we can add link to apanel )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

phpMyBackup is a PHP written mySQL backup tool with many features. SourceForge.net: phpMyBackup Get phpMyBackup at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and free downloads from the largest Open Source applications and software directory. Please go to phpMyBackupPro (http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpMyBackup) because this version is more advanced. phpMyBackup is an mySQL backup tool like phpMyBackupPro, with features like copying backups to a different server using emails or FTP.

Regards,

share tips

Thanks for the tip, but let's get it RIGHT next time!

phpMyBackup has been discontinued in favor of phpMyBackupPro, which is at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmybackup/ Note that the link has NO caps.

As Ric has pointed out, it hasn't been updated for a loooong while (>3 years).

Bob

• 8 months later...

I have used phpMyBackupPro on both Windows and Linux and found it to be very finicky to set up right. There are several aspects that don't work smoothly. The fact that it hasn't been maintained is another mark against it. I suggest you opt for an alternative.

Regards,

BobS