The Uniform Server Community

Unable to activate cURL

grc

Hello,

First, let me thank you for a fine product. I have had good success using the server.

I have a program which needs to have the cURL extension installed and active on the server. I seen the older past below and followed the advise of putting ssleay32.dll & libeay32.dll into the php folder and I also put them into the extensions folder but I'm still not working.

I'm running server 3.3 with php 5.1.1.1

Any help is appreciated.

Thanx

When you do that, do you uncomment it in the php.ini file ad then Restart the server. As in stop and start the server again?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I went in and did what you asked and when I started the server it brought up a warning stating it couldn't find the specified module. Evidently I don't have the curl module installed. I assumed it came with the installation. Where can I get the module and does it have an installation readme file?

Thanks,

No it does not come with the installation. Go to the php.net download page and look for the Download archive, download the one for the same version of php as in Uniform Server, unextract and in the ext folder look for the extention.

No it does not come with the installation. Go to the php.net download page and look for the Download archive, download the one for the same version of php as in Uniform Server, unextract and in the ext folder look for the extention.

I appreciate your help, but I'm still struggling much.

I downloaded more than 10 curl files and could not get one to work. I must have to install the module and I can't find any information on how to do it or where to get the right file.

I'm using Uniform Server 3.3 with Apache 2.0.55 and PHP 5.1.1

Can you give me the URL to the proper file? Will it have instructions on installing the module?

Again, I really appreciate your spending time to help me.

Thanks,

Greg

There is no instruction, not unless you search online... try searching Google...

Download the file from: http://museum.php.net/php5/php-5.1.1-Win32.zip

Check the ext folder after unextracting that and look for php_curl.dll

Check this site and read the top instruction: http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.curl.php

I think the libeay32.dll file comes prepacked, not sure about ssleay32.dll though, you might need to check.