The Uniform Server Community

Script execution error

djsongbird

When I start Uniform Server with the Start.vbs it does come up with the drive choice window, w, then an open MYQL request, when I say yes I get the following error window and it does not open a browser i have to do that manually and type in the localhost/apanel

error window says:

Script Execution Error

Line 27 column 0

Microsoft VBScript runtime error

object doesn't support this property or method 'Wscript.sleep'

I am completely new to this and just need it all for a test server for dreamweaver. I am getting nowhere fast. Somebody please help as I need this for work.

Thanks in advance.............djsongbird

Teri Lynn Hinkle

admin

globalearningsmonitor.com

This is a long shot it could be that you are using an old version of Microsoft Windows Script. I confess that I am out of my depth on this one.

With an error message like "Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Wscript.Sleep' " it is a reasonable indicator that’s your problem.

Download and install the newest software "Microsoft Windows Script" for your machine from

www.microsoft.com/scripting.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default..../scriptinga.asp

Hope that this is of some help.

:D

This is a long shot it could be that you are using an old version of Microsoft Windows Script. I confess that I am out of my depth on this one.

With an error message like "Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Wscript.Sleep' " it is a reasonable indicator that’s your problem.

Download and install the newest software "Microsoft Windows Script" for your machine from

www.microsoft.com/scripting.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default..../scriptinga.asp

Hope that this is of some help.

:D

Well now we're cookin with gas! You may be out orf your depth but YOU WERE RIGHT, I did that and now I don't get the error but the Start .vbs still doesn't open a browser any thoughts on that oh wise one?

Thank You so much

Teri Lynn Hinkle

admin

globalearningsmonitor.com

One thought that springs to mind is that your machine may require a longer script sleep period this is currently set to 1 second.

Open Start.vbs at the bottom of this file you will see these lines:

WSHShell.run "Server_Start.bat "&s&m,0,0

WScript.sleep(1000)

' --- If you do not want to open default browser at server start - Not needed, Commented

'WSHShell.run "diskw\home\admin\www\redirect.html"

Change WScript.sleep(1000) to WScript.sleep(5000)

This increases the sleep time to 5 seconds. Allowing every thing to become stable before starting the browser. It is a massive time in computer terms.

It this does not help is there any error messages displayed.