The Uniform Server Community

Update

Kdaddy

I have the phpbb set up with the uniserver on my computer now. Up and running great. I tried updating to the 2.0.13 update that just came out. But when I do the update to lastest. It still shows that I have the 2.0.12 version. I have made the changes. Any ideals what I need to do in order to get it to update appropriately.

If this is in the wrong section or place I apoligize and ask that you direct me to the right place.

I put in the address bar localhost/install/update_to_latest.php. It appears to do the update but when I go into the admin panel it doesn't show it has updated.

Kdaddy

I wil try and get AlleyKat here for you. He already has an account so you can also PM him.

:) :)

Just don't spam him.

22[/snapback]

Not a problem I will wait till he responds here. He has already provided me alot of support.

Kdaddy

Guest Guest

It's just a version number in the database. You can update it by running a small DB query (should be included in files and explained in docs), or edit it manually (easiest) - table 'phpbb_config', field 'version' - edit from '.0.12' to '.0.13'. :)

It's just a version number in the database. You can update it by running a small DB query (should be included in files and explained in docs), or edit it manually (easiest) - table 'phpbb_config', field 'version' - edit from '.0.12' to '.0.13'. :)

28[/snapback]

I'm referring to the ACP panel when I did the changes on my live board it upgraded it after I did the update to latest. My test board didn't for some reason. I don't think i'm going to sweat it though I know the appropriate changes are there.

He already mentioned it was still showing version 2.0.12, but he has done the updates and run update_to_latest.php.

And the version checker was removed during the changes between 2.0.11 to 2.0.12

Just check the Database.

Sorry, not much of a PHPBB expert. I used it once when i was testing out which is best but prefered IPB for some reason unknown? Though i hate them now for back stabbing us and removing the free version. :) Someone had to buy this one for us.... :) :)

The above mentioned problem was fixed with a fresh install of the latest version and applied the mods that I wanted. I am trying to get my test board up to par so I can load it to the live board.

I backed up my live board database and did the restore to my test board. Now herein lies my new problem. I restored db, updated to latest. Now when I try to get into my test board I get the following message:

Critical Error! 
message_die() was called multiple times. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Error #1 
Could not find the main administrator 

Line : 674 
File : W:\www\includes\class_config.php 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Error #2 
Could not open template config file 

Line : 445 
File : W:\www\includes\functions.php 

Please, contact the webmaster. Thank you.

Now I would contact the webmaster but that is suppose to be me. If anyone could tell me what I missed or what it is that I'm suppose to be fixing. I would appreciate any direction.

Thanks Kdaddy.

Did you install "Categories hierarchy 2.1.0" because I know that included a class_config.php in the includes file.

If you did fresh install, what that downloading the latest version of 2.0.13? And when you updated the DB was is only the DATA. Because if you did use CH2.1.0 the DB changes dramatically.

Yes I installed Ch2.1.0. I also did a full backup restore and put the update to latest from the 2.0.13 install. Is there a way to salvage it? Is there a way to make it work because I don't want to lose the post and information that is on my live board.

1.)Fresh install of 2.0.13

2.)Ch2.1.0

3.)easymod

4.)Blog mod 0.2.0

5.)Crushers IP logger

All except #1 & 2 were installed on my live board.

Well disregard above post. Started over from scratch and only tried to restore the data only. I get this error:

General Error 
Error importing backup file 

DEBUG MODE 

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '10' for key 1 

INSERT INTO phpbb_categories (cat_id, cat_title, cat_order) VALUES('10', 'Laughter is the best Medicine', '70') 

Line : 980 
File : admin_db_utilities.php]

I went into myphpadmin and I see the above line in categories. What do I need to change to make this data work? Should I do a structure db restore too? Any help will be appreciated.

Hem... I need to think about that, I am not good with DB jargon lol.

Also i assume that before you did you updates you already had CH2.1 installed correct? Well did you back up all your files and data prior to your update to 2.0.12 and to 2.1.13?

Hem... I need to think about that, I am not good with DB jargon lol.

Also i assume that before you did you updates you already had CH2.1 installed correct? Well did you back up all your files and data prior to your update to 2.0.12 and to 2.1.13?

91[/snapback]

I am doing all of this on my test board. I have deleted and reinstalled a fresh install of 2.0.13 phpbb, I added my template that I use. I then have done various ways of restoring db. I have tried structure only, data only which gives me the above error. I have done a full backup restore. The full back up restore gives me all my data. However, now when I try to go anywhere on my test board it jumps me to my live board.

When I disconnect from the internet, then I can't get out of the index page. I am definately learning to manuver around myphpadmin since I started this. I don't have any sql db experience up to this point. Any ideals how I can make the full back up work since I get all my post back that way?

Appreciate your time.

Kdaddy

If you get any errors or problem that might come from the server side, feel free to submit a thread to the support forum because i will not know... :D

Thanks

The problem with it jumping to your live board is easily solved.

Open phpMyAdmin, open table phpbb_config (or whatever prefix you're using) and Browse it.

Find field 'server_name' and change its value to 'localhost'.

Find field 'script_path' and change that value to the path you're using in the www-folder.

Thats it! :D

If there where siginificant changes I am not aware that I did them. When I have time again I guess I will start from the beginning again and see if that helps. I have done a full restore in order to get all my data to transfer. The data only or stucture with the data to follow doesn't work. It errors out like in the post above. However I am working all weekend so I won't be able to play with it much.

Hopefully I can get it to work and stop bothering ya'll. Thanks Kdaddy

I didn't change the config.php. I initally did that before your previous suggestions but didn't think to do that after making the aforementioned adjustments. I will do that first chance I get and let you know how it goes. Only two more shifts left after today then I can play again.

I was fortunate that I realized that it was jumping to my live forum because I was about to make some major changes, and that wouldn't have been good. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the server to live board problem worked out. I now have a my test server running locally. I am curious if anyone would be willing to instruct me on why I can't do a data only restore. I get the following SQLl error when I try :

Error importing backup file

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '10' for key 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_categories (cat_id, cat_title, cat_order) VALUES('10', 'Laughter is the best Medicine', '70')

Line : 980
File : admin_db_utilities.php

I'm still a major novice when it comes to SQL. What I have done so far is install a fresh vanilla added my template bluelagoon, the following mods, easymod,and weblog. I try to restore with data only when I have the fresh install and I get the same error. Complete restore doesn't seem to advance my cause. Not sure what I'm looking for to change.

Thanks Kdaddy

Well if ya'll leave me alone long enough I will have this all fiqured out talking to myself. I found the solution to my problems thanks for the input previously. I did a full restore and added the additional table for the weblog mod that I installed. The weblog information was the only data that I was missing and needed to transfer. I have that now and am off to play. This was the info that helped me.

As far as I know, the phpBB backup feature only backs up the default tables.  However, you can tell it to back up additional tables by listing the tables with a comma between tables.