The Uniform Server Community

cannot run localhost on coral 8.2.0

makantruzz

This isn't enough information to solve your situation. When you say "localhost cannot be accessed", it's not clear exactly what IS happening. Do you see The Uniform Server splash screen? I assume you see the Unicontroller panel in order to start the servers. What does the Server Status screen show? If you click View www, what happens?

Here are three possible reasons for similar problems:

Windows firewall. This should have created a popup and you should have selected "allow access".

IPv6 vs IPv4 address. Your "localhost" will resolve to ::1 by default.

It's possible that the .htacess file or the httpd.conf has been changed and this address is NOT being allowed. Normally, though, you would get a 403 error.

Check the HOSTS file (\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) for additions or deletions that should NOT be there.

The last portion should be:

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
#	127.0.0.1	   localhost
#	::1			 localhost

Regards,

BobS

Guest bsenftner

Check the HOSTS file (\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) for additions or deletions that should NOT be there.

Hi, I'm in the same situation as the original poster. However, when I go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers there is no "etc" directory and therefore no "hosts" file inside. Should I create it?

Guest bsenftner

thats odd to not have a etc/hosts file. Maybe that folder is hidden?

Nope. I have my environment to never hide files, directories, and so on...

WOW. SUPER HIT MY FACE WOW! I just verified that 'etc' did not exist by opening a command window and attempting to CD into the etc directory... and it worked! Now, this is exactly why I hate Windows. I have configured my interface to always display system files and directories. But apparently, this is some super-secret bullshit here so it stays hidden?

Always wasting my time... thanks again, Windoze.

And, yes, I can confirm that my hosts file is "normal" - the default one simply with 2 entries for localhost.

Nope. I have my environment to never hide files, directories, and so on...

WOW. SUPER HIT MY FACE WOW! I just verified that 'etc' did not exist by opening a command window and attempting to CD into the etc directory... and it worked! Now, this is exactly why I hate Windows. I have configured my interface to always display system files and directories. But apparently, this is some super-secret bullshit here so it stays hidden?

Always wasting my time... thanks again, Windoze.

And, yes, I can confirm that my hosts file is "normal" - the default one simply with 2 entries for localhost.

my etc/hosts is exist. but the coral 8.2.0 still not run properly. :blink:

The Apache 2.4 authorization and vhosts config are DIFFERENT from Apache 2.2. We need to get this redesigned and fixed.

Regards,

BobS

Hi All,

I do have this similar issue as makantruzz facing. I have tried on v8.1.1 and v8.1.2 seems working fine. But facing this issue after trying v8.2.0 and v8.3.0 on my win7 box. Any idea?

Thanks. :blink:

Windows 7 box here and unable to get apache to work with 8.3.0....sticking with 8.1x for now.