The Uniform Server Community

New releases stalled?

marcovtwout

I`ve also been wondering the same thing. 7.0.16 and 7.0.17 have also been released this year.

Shame to see this brilliant software die. I also use Neard, which is good, but nowhere near as lightweight as U.S.

Would be at least nice to know this project isn`t dead? :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It seems this project is becoming abandoned, too bad since UniServer was the only WAMP-package that was consistently up to date.. :/

Yes, seems that way. Pity. Would have been nice to see a message on the homescreen, so we know what`s going on.

I`ve given it long enough in the hope an update would appear, so I`m primarily using Neard now.

http://neard.io/

And I agree with Obsdark, hopefully we see US on Github someday.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, no the project has not been abandoned. I believe Ric is just a little busy right now, such as i am hence why i've been absent and in the background for a few years.

The server itself is very adaptable and you should actually be able to update it yourself if you toy around with the binaries.

Thank you.

Hey guys, no the project has not been abandoned. I believe Ric is just a little busy right now, such as i am hence why i've been absent and in the background for a few years.

The server itself is very adaptable and you should actually be able to update it yourself if you toy around with the binaries.

Thank you.

It is not abandoned really? The forum full of questions and here the staff takes months even years without appearing.

No Esta abandonado? en serio? el foro lleno de preguntas y aqui el personal lleva meses incluso años sin aparecer.

@display, there is no staff. The team right now only consist of Ric and me in the backend making sure the operations is running smoothly. We are always looking for help but remember this is a free project and open source at that.

@teamayu, see, basically everything can be updated by you ^_^ thats the ease of Uniform Server.

@teamayu, see, basically everything can be updated by you ^_^ thats the ease of Uniform Server.

I took an educated guess and performed the following steps upgrading PHP 7.1 to the latest patch release:

- Downloaded latest zip VC14 x86 Thread Safe from http://windows.php.net/download#php-7.1. Note that the extensions directory is named "ext" instead of "extensions"

- Merged changes in PHP ini config files (mostly paths)

Are there any official instructions on how to update the PHP-module? In case I missed anything.

• 1 month later...

@display, maintaining a full project while trying to maintain a life sometimes gets difficult, Ric is likely going through the same as life hits us left and right randomly, we are always looking for more people to help and contribute and i think you would be a great fit to help out in the forum if you put your mind to it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Appearantly some people have found out how to implement other php versions within Uniform like marco. If these efforts can be put into a fork in github than not all the work goes to the two guys maintaining this project alone? Needs to be verified by the community, so a beta strategy might be an alternative to share the work over more people without being directly involved as team member.

Best regards,

Albert

What about PHP7.2? That`s the main concern now. I assume we can`t just download that expecting it to work?

No, it doesn't work. That's why I gave up on Uniserver and installed binaries of Apache and PHP 7.2 and everything works great since I only need sqlite and not mysql.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Even if new releases have stalled existing US versions can be easily hacked up, tweaked, upgraded etc.

I'm still using 7.0.1 orion but i'll be blatantly honest, it's still superior to xampp. The later current releases i'm not so keen on as they have a gui driven way of controlling US - older versions had unitray but also batch files for doing things via the prompt and php scripts - it's way cooler and allows you to get some quite complex stuff done with no recompiling etc needed.