The Uniform Server Community

apanel

a. Don't worry about the scrolling problem, it will be removed in next version and replaced with someething better...

b. Difficult to start server? All you have to do is use Server_Start.bat or Disk Start.vbs...? If you are trying to start MySQL with the server, use Disk Start.vbs

:D

What version of Windows are you using?

That is happening because the server is not started and so it keeps looping till it starts, but it isn't..

V3.3

i've try to run the .vbs, but still can't create drive and start the server

(not showing the cmd window--starting apache server)

when i check from task manager (processes tab) i'm not found apache.exe & the uniserver app runing.

my os: windows xp pro

UNiVORM Design Studio and Laboratory

k, if you are using Windows XP, then it should definately work on your PC unless you have a program blocking port 80 or a firewall.

Do you have single installations of PHP, MySQL, or Apache? or have you ever installed them seprately before using their EXE installers?

Does Server_Start.bat give you an error?

no devel. i dont have webserv installed on my pc. cause i know if any webserv running, another server cannot run. i always install uniserv manualy (not using exe installation--i used zipped file and extracting to my pc).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does Server_Start.bat give you an error?

yes, Server_Start.bat give an error (and the .vbs too).

And whats the error it gave you?

Also, do you already have a W:/ drive on your PC? Do youu hav Skype running or anythiing that could be blocking the server port [80]?

Cheeck C:/Windows/System32 for LIBMYSQL.DLL and make sure its not there...

But mainly, what is the error Start.bat gives you....

no devel. i've installed port 80 on my pc. i've try uniserv on my friends computer that using winxp, uniserv still cannot run (not create W: drive or start apache & uniserv app)

there is no LIBMYSQL.DLL file on C:/Windows/System32

when i used v3.2a there is no error. only on v3.3 i've found an error (cannot create W: drive, when opened default browser cannot load the server, there is no apache and uniserv app run on my pc)

i think you need to check that bugs on v3.3.

Sorry, but thats not a bug.. it works perfect on others PC so there has to be something blocking it on your PC...

Do you us Skype... you still haven't answered that question and did you check to make sure that a firewall or anitvirus software is not blocking port 80?

Which one did you download? UniServer3_3.exe? or which?

Try testing the .exe just to see if it will work...

The #1 thing that we need and you never gave to us... What error does Server_Start.bat give to you?

If it says it cannot create W:/ drive, then that means that you do not have Admin Account and therefore cannnot create a SUBST drive which is needed.

Do you have a Admin Account?

<_ the program you used to uncompress zips must not have made empty directories... especially one for apache that is needed server start or even work.. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D">