The Uniform Server Community

NEWBIE ALERT: SQL has fallen and it can't get backup & joomla

u196126

I just upgraded to Uniform server 5.7.1-Nano from 5.6. Now when I try to install Joomla, I can't get past the database install. When I get to the database information, localhost, login: root, password: root, test - name of database that I created, I Iget this message below. Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong and what I can do to correct it.

WHAT I'VE TRIED SO FAR:

1. Create a new database

2. Delete entire Uniform server, services, etc....

3. Newer version of Uniform server

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET `utf8`' at line 29 SQL=CREATE TABLE `jos_banner` ( `bid` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `cid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `type` varchar(30) NOT NULL default 'banner', `name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `alias` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `imptotal` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `impmade` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `clicks` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `imageurl` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '', `clickurl` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', `date` datetime default NULL, `showBanner` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `checked_out` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', `checked_out_time` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `editor` varchar(50) default NULL, `custombannercode` text, `catid` INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `description` TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `sticky` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `ordering` INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `publish_up` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `publish_down` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', `tags` TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `params` TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '', PRIMARY KEY (`bid`), KEY `viewbanner` (`showBanner`), INDEX `idx_banner_catid`(`catid`) ) TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET `utf8`

This fall into the "not enough background info" bucket.

First off, there's a possible clue you'll have to check on: database character set. It looks like it's barfing on utf8, but not knowing what your version of Joomla is expecting, nor what were the circumstances for this error output, I can't say if that's a problem or not.

Can you still get to your 5.6 version? You might check out a tool like TreeComp (Google it) that will do a side-by-side comparison of the old and new installed versions of UniServer. It does a directory/file comparison, and can help spot differences.

Regards,

BobS