The Uniform Server Community

What is the mysql password?

robster

Hi there, I have looked around, and I'm trying to do it, basically I found a commented out password in the my-small file, but uncommenting and changing that doesn't work.

What is the default mysql password, and how can i change it to my own?

Rob

• 3 months later...

That is not suppose to happen. Please recheck to make sure. Nothing writes to that file so it is suppose to stay whatever it is changed to. Unless someone changed it back or messed with the file. :(

No one has access to the server...

When setting a new password in the file only PhpMyAdmin changes it's password so I get an error message.

If I try to access the database using something else like Navicat using root/root it works altough the password file says something else (not Root).

No, if you want to chnage the system root password, you have to do that through phpMyAdmin's Administration Interface. It is there that you change user settings, add users, and so on.

• 4 months later...
When setting a new password in the file only PhpMyAdmin changes it's password so I get an error message.

If I try to access the database using something else like Navicat using root/root it works altough the password file says something else (not Root).

This is how:

In phpMyAdmin, open an SQL window and type:

SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('MyNewPassword');

Then click "Go". The next thing you know, the phpMyAdmin will not work since the root password has changed -_- (then you need to change the password in the file previously mentioned - if you still want to use phpMyAdmin)

--

And btw olajideolaolorun,

You have a great software, thank you!

:)