The Uniform Server Community

Update

Kdaddy

:D Glad you got it working - sorry, has been busy with other stuff so didn't come by this forum.

I always do all my backups via phpMyAdmin, so I didn't even think of that.  :(  My bad.

263[/snapback]

Everything is up and running great thanks for all the help. I have been playing with it constantly getting things up to date to match my live board. I have finally got there, but when I logged out to test the guest view. I am unable to log back in under my administration. Would you be able to help me with that problem?

I would also like to find out how you do a backup via phpMyAdmin. I just recently started playing with it when I got a hold of this program.

kdaddy

I was wondering about the logging out problem with the uniserver/forum. When I logged out to test the guest view of the forum to insure they didn't have access to what they weren't suppose to see.

I am not able to log back in under the admin name. I have to completely shut everything down and bring it back up in order to be logged in as admin. Any ideals what I may need to change or check?

Usually that is a cookie problem. Try changing the local forums cookie name?

398[/snapback]

What would I change that too? My live board has .myserver.com., .localhost doesn't seem to work. It currently doesn't have anything in the box for cookie domain.

You sure all files placed where they should be?

And I was talking cookie name. if several forums have same cookie names, the cookie files gets messed up.

My local test forums has cookies names like 'toodelidoo' and 'vanillatest'.It does stay at the right site?

You sure all files placed where they should be?

And I was talking cookie name. if several forums have same cookie names, the cookie files gets messed up.

My local test forums has cookies names like 'toodelidoo' and 'vanillatest'.It does stay at the right site?

441[/snapback]

Could you give me a sample of one of your test board cookie settings. I am having a difficult time getting into the admin area now. It does something rather strange. I will put my username and password, it tells me it is wrong sometimes other times it will give me a page not found screen.

Every now and then when I page back and select the preference { Part of mod-cat hierarchy} button at the top of my page it gives me access to my account and thus the administration area. Now my live forum works without a problem this seems to be strictly a test board server problem. Here are my current settings:

Cookie domain : .localhost
Cookie name:  phpbb2mysql
Cookie path : /
Cookie secure: {set to disabled}
Session length [ 3600 ]  

Cookie domæne 	 : (nothing)
Cookie navn  : vanillatest
Cookie adresse  : /
Cookie sikkerhed [ https ] Off
Session length [ 3600 ]  

Definitely fix the name. If thats the name on your live board too, you should change that too (and not to the same). All browsers I know have problems with this - I'm fighting a brave fight when I install new boards too, I usually just fix it via phpMyAdmin. :rolleyes:

Well that didnt fix the problem. I'm not sure where to look now I put basically the same thing you posted except for the name I used a different one. The funny thing is, my live board appears to be working fine.

However, I need to fix my test board so that I can see if guest are able to see the areas that I don't want them too.