The Uniform Server Community

Outside Access

AoN

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been in there, several times, and either noone is there, or noone talks. :(

Do you know of anyway to set-up a page like DynDNS has it? If so, I shouldn't have a problem.

I'd transfer my domain there, but, the domain company says thhey are not allowed to do it...

IPB Image - Hail my own banner for UniServer!

K, here is what i think you need to do. Contact DynDNS Support for help on setting the port in the A record. They will be able to tell you this easily.

Sweet, but, pointless right now.

I have another problem, a little bigger...the server shut-down the moment it is started. :(

I don't know why, and I don't think I screwed up any of the config files, as all the editing was based off the instructions given.

I've tried the Disk Start.vbs and the Server_Start.bat, both give the same results.

Sorry for have so many problems. ^^'

Look for a file called LIBMYSQL.DLL in your C:\WINDOWS\ or C:\WINDOWS\system32\ (or any other folder in your %PATH% environment variable), if you have it in there, delete it.

Also, make sure you do not have Skype running, if you do, enter the settings to change the port for your incoming to something else other than port 80.

How would that file just appear? The server was running flawlessly for nearly a week when this started happening...

Either way, the file does not exist on my PC, other than in the UniServer folders.

I figured out what was wrong! I added in a VirtualHost incorrectly and it was conflicting with the default one. ^^'

Also, why can't I edit my previous posts?

hmmm.. i have no idea... what do you want to change so i can change it for you? I don't think there is a time set limit on it, but i am not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

No, there isn't anything I want to change, it is just bugging me that I can't seem to edit my old posts.

<-- Likes having the edit option. :(

Okay, I finally got my own sub-domain to work, but Cox does block almost all the standard ports (they want me to pay them to host my own files...damn them). Due to this, I now my a sub-domain URL, but I am still required to include a port number.

Can anyone provide me with the means of keeping my sub-domain, but getting it to work without a redirect, frameset, or the port number included?

http://us.defranks.net:81/

This is just a temp. domain until I can get it to work, then I'll put the same settings on my full-time domain.

After having done research, and forcefully attempting to make it work, I've realized I wasted my time trying to make an A Record work with a port, hence the port in the sub-domain. :)

No problem.

hmm... when making the subdomain locally, you can specify the port. Search this forum for Virtual Host and you will see what i am talking about.

hmm... yeah, it should still work. You make test.domain.com on the domain and on the local server, in your httpd.conf file, you have the domain.com port in the virtual host part of the file.

Something like this...

ServerAdmin webmaster@defranks.net

DocumentRoot /www/

ServerName us.defranks.net

ErrorLog logs/us.defranks.net-error_log

CustomLog logs/us.defranks.net-access_log common

Try it, i am not so sure if it will do the trick though....

Edited by olajideolaolorun