• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 billi2

billi2

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Main OS: Windows Vista

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:45 AM

I am my wits end. I have been using joomla on Uniserver for some months and it has worked great. When I tried to add a new site (number 4) i could not get past the Joomla install database screen, every thing I try I get "Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL"
I have tried new installs of both Uniserver and joomla, I have modified the Joomla Configuration.php-dist file as configuration.php, i have tried new users, default users, pre-installed joomla/Uniserver files nothing gives me a different result.
It is even more frustrating as it takes about a minute to tell me it has failed.
I had a similar issue when I 1st tried Uniserver and got good advice that got me underway and it has worked fine since.
i am on Win 7 if that matters.
Any help appreciated
thanks

#2 Ric

Ric

Project Manager

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • Interests:Electronics
    Internet in general
    Open source projects
  • SourceForge IDmpgcan
  • Wiki ID: Ric
  • Main OS: Windows XP

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:35 AM

“i am on Win 7 if that matters.”
It does mater and explains the “unable to connect to the database” message.
Extract a new copy of Uniform Server. Run the servers and confirm phpMyAdmin works. I assume it works since you made no mention you could not create a Joomla database.
Now Install Joomla when you reach the database section for Host name use 127.0.0.1
Database Type: mysql
Host Name:	  127.0.0.1  do not use localhost
Username:		root
Password:		 root
Database Name: joomla
All the best
Ric :)

#3 billi2

billi2

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Main OS: Windows Vista

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:05 PM

“i am on Win 7 if that matters.”
It does mater and explains the “unable to connect to the database” message.
Extract a new copy of Uniform Server. Run the servers and confirm phpMyAdmin works. I assume it works since you made no mention you could not create a Joomla database.
Now Install Joomla when you reach the database section for Host name use 127.0.0.1

Database Type: mysql
Host Name:	  127.0.0.1  do not use localhost
Username:		root
Password:		 root
Database Name: joomla
All the best
Ric :)

Thanks Ric
This is 1 combo I did not try. I just loaded a new site and it worked 1st go, many thanks.
Ant clue why it suddenly stopped working, I had installed 3 sites before this issue arose and in each case I had used my own user/password and localhost. i am just concerned it might happen again.
Anyway thanks again
Arthur

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users