The Uniform Server Community

Curl extension wont load in uniserver 4.0-Mona

Don Pasquale

Hello,

After some time, I finally found out why php_curl isn't loaded in 4.0-Mona. It seems that while php and the default extensions were updated to 5.2.8, libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll (which must reside in your path if you wish for php_curl to load) weren't. So if you're having the above issue just download php 5.2.8 from php.net and grab the relevant dll's, that fixed it for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Where can I get 5.2.8 binary or these.dll files?

Thanks,

Jeff

I found it here. But.....where should these two dll files go? I have curl and ldap working on my test setup, but I can't get it to work on my production server. These two dll files are in my Windows/System32 directory. Is this the proper place for them?

Thanks,

Jeff

They should be placed in folder UniServer\udrive\usr\local\apache2\bin

I would be interested in the code that failed can you post a small test script?

All the best

Ric :)

They should be placed in folder UniServer\udrive\usr\local\apache2\bin

I would be interested in the code that failed can you post a small test script?

All the best

I am at home now and do not have remote access to the server. I plan to work on this tomorrow. What script would be useful for you to see?

It's odd, I downloaded a clean version of Mona. Curl loads fine on my laptop, but when I move the server to my desktop, curl does not load. I will post more tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jeff

I am at home now and do not have remote access to the server. I plan to work on this tomorrow. What script would be useful for you to see?

It's odd, I downloaded a clean version of Mona. Curl loads fine on my laptop, but when I move the server to my desktop, curl does not load. I will post more tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jeff

This has been solved by placing the two dll files as described by Ric above. Because these files were not there, CURL and LDAP did not load correctly. Now they do.

I was working on my installation of Moodle 1.9.4, setting it up for self-registration via email. including re-captcha. These would not work without CURL. Now it is working beautifully. Many thanks!

Jeff:)

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the feedback.

Originally I thought your scripts were failing hence the request for a small test script, obviously not the problem since it was a loading issue.

What I do not understand are the missing files. I downloaded both zip and exe files from Sourceforge both contain the appropriate files in Apache bin. Have no idea why these are missing from your download.

Assuming the files are missing I can explain why the server runs on your laptop and not on the desktop. When the server starts it looks in Apache bin for the files if not found looks along the Windows paths for them. Note the first ones found are used. I conclude your desktop is a clean machine while the laptop has run either another server or some software that has placed these files in the Windows path.

Uniform Server does not copy any files to the Windows path (prevents any conflicts) this I use to great advantage when testing. For example I know on my Windows path there are “g” versions of these files while Mona uses “j” versions. From Apanel select phpinfo(), scan down the pages to the “curl” section, should show its enables and what version of of OpenSSL is being used for Mona it’s OpenSSL/0.9.8j

Thought the above information may be of use.

All the best

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the feedback.

Originally I thought your scripts were failing hence the request for a small test script, obviously not the problem since it was a loading issue.

What I do not understand are the missing files. I downloaded both zip and exe files from Sourceforge both contain the appropriate files in Apache bin. Have no idea why these are missing from your download.

Assuming the files are missing I can explain why the server runs on your laptop and not on the desktop. When the server starts it looks in Apache bin for the files if not found looks along the Windows paths for them. Note the first ones found are used. I conclude your desktop is a clean machine while the laptop has run either another server or some software that has placed these files in the Windows path.

Uniform Server does not copy any files to the Windows path (prevents any conflicts) this I use to great advantage when testing. For example I know on my Windows path there are “g” versions of these files while Mona uses “j” versions. From Apanel select phpinfo(), scan down the pages to the “curl” section, should show its enables and what version of of OpenSSL is being used for Mona it’s OpenSSL/0.9.8j

Thought the above information may be of use.

All the best

Thanks Ric. My download of Mona was not missing the files, I just didn't know where to look. However, they may not be the correct version. The ones in the download are 0.9.8.10 When I replaced them with 0.9.8.9, CURL loaded.

Anyway, thanks for the help andf for sharing this great server!

Jeff :)