The Uniform Server Community

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10013) in Z:\www\gangster\includes\db_connect.php on

ricktza

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10013) in Z:\www\gangster\includes\db_connect.php on line 6

mysql settin wrong

server works fine for a few hours or so then i get that error above .... i have had the problem for awhile now and it becoming a pain... thats the error message everyone else get on my side with the unform server running it just cannot connect to anyweb page untill i restart.

after a lil while the server becomes workin agian and then it does it again ...

can anyone help me or is it one of my scripts causing the problem...

i found its since i have put datasets from dreamweaver on there??? i think that mite be the problem but i need a second opinion

also if that is the problem can anyone give me a script to auto update on my site with out refrshing becasue that the only reason i use them..

could it be my connection file???

its rather old

my guess:

when mysql stops responding temporarly, you might have the folowing problems:

you have a script that leads mysql to do something for a long period of time (try running the script with the errors after server restart a few times, and see if it causes that error),

another program is using the mysql ports temporarly,

or you have a memory problem: ram full, harddrive full (no pagefile space), ram broken(pc startup check would tell you unless it is disabled).

okay thanks .... my mate in college said the same sorta thing... apart from the port side lol. the ram is still quite new. the cpu does go to 100% once a few people connect witch oviously is the script witch would make it not respond... does anyone know a way to make a simple ajax script to replace mine ??

check the wikipedia entry (has a clean,small and good sample ready to use with all browsers) or use jquery+pquery or any other javascript framework+your own handling.

usually, to keep the mysql querying from going crazy, you should use quotation marks within the query. havent looked at your code. go and paste it at something like pastebin for any1 to validate it. (www.tempcode.com / www.pastebin.com / nopaste / www.pastey.net / ...)

okay :blink:... well im startin to learn how to use jquery .. and i found a nyc ajax (javascript) to replace the old one and it seems fine so far 5 hours 44 minutes 53 seconds .... i dont think i should have the problem anymore... i have the old script in one place of my website witch i will remove and replace..

check the wikipedia entry (has a clean,small and good sample ready to use with all browsers) or use jquery+pquery or any other javascript framework+your own handling.

usually, to keep the mysql querying from going crazy, you should use quotation marks within the query. havent looked at your code. go and paste it at something like pastebin for any1 to validate it. (www.tempcode.com / www.pastebin.com / nopaste / www.pastey.net / ...)

do u mean like this "$varable" and when i use html with php i use "<p class='whatever'>$blah</P>" (thats how i do them )

thanks for ur help ;)... and where abouts on wiki will i find this sorta stuff??? i have not long started to learn html, php javascript lol. im a quite quick learner but i also make alot of mistakes lol.

• 2 years later...