The Uniform Server Community

Uniform Server - Services as Administrator

Yoni

For now its all works, but have no idea what the problem is.. :) maybe someone here knows?

Tomorrow I will setup my local dev server an see if its a bug in 8.5.1 or the new rights..

PS, I use windows 7 sp1 x64 ultimate is up to date..

There is no problem whatsoever. That is just Apache logging the re-cycling process. It does it on every shutdown/start :)

<p class="bbc_center"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Yoni</strong></span></p>

Yeah I dont get it, re-cycling process happens with each page load?

I also get this \/, in my windows app log, when the page loading is a bit slower..

And sometime img or css is not loading..

(app error)
Name of application with error: httpd1.exe, version 2.4.1.0, time stamp: 0x4f3aa5c8
Name of error module: libhttpd.dll, version 2.4.1.0, time stamp: 0x4f3aa4c9
Exception Code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000217cc
Error process id: 0x834
Start time of application with error: 0x01cd19afea2b15f4
Path to application with error: D: \ Uniserver \ usr \ local \ apache2 \ bin \ httpd1.exe
Path module with error: D: \ Uniserver \ usr \ local \ apache2 \ bin \ libhttpd.dll
Report ID: 284e8fea-85a3-11e1-a783-005056c00008

I think is maybe the cms im using, cmsms an yes did apply right to it..

Still I do feel the server is a bit lower now, with locking down rights

From your latest post I can see Apache errors. I haven't moved my installation from apache 2.2. That was included with 8.0 Coral. Every other release that I tested newer than 8.0 Coral left me some to be desired, specially apache.

<p class="bbc_center"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Yoni</strong></span></p>

I had to downgrade to 8.1.2 coral, i was getting too many errors an load problems

Coral 8.1.2 works without any errors.. :) so it seems it was apache 2.4, withs feels like a beta to me..

Your right Yoni, about newer Coral version with apache 2.4 feel all like beta because of 2.4 on it..

RIC should make a stable version with apache 2.2 an maybe wait a bit with apache 2.4..

Maybe a production version of uniform server, were stability is key not updating to all the new stuff?? :)

I had to downgrade to 8.1.2 coral, i was getting too many errors an load problems

Coral 8.1.2 works without any errors.. :) so it seems it was apache 2.4, withs feels like a beta to me..

Your right Yoni, about newer Coral version with apache 2.4 feel all like beta because of 2.4 on it..

RIC should make a stable version with apache 2.2 an maybe wait a bit with apache 2.4..

Maybe a production version of uniform server, were stability is key not updating to all the new stuff?? :)

UniServer is great as it is. I don't believe the course needs to be changed since this is a wonderful tool for testing proposes. I have sent you a PM to offer you a package for production under very specific circumstances.

Even though, I do believe that Uniserver needs to stick to its root and consider not to release packages that are not 100% usable. My personal experiences with the latest releases (8.2 and up) have not been very pleasant. Then again, it will all come down to preferences and opinions...

I have the package up there for download. I hope you enjoy this package as much as I do :)

Mod Security is amazing but you have to be really careful with it. I recommend everyone to start with 'SecRuleEngine DetectionOnly' that way you can log and detect if anything will be blocked in your site as a flase-positive. This happens a lot and mod_security requires time, understanding and patience.

You may have several questions for me in relation to this package. Please, I'll try to document everything I can WITH TIME. Everything should be working out of the box and you shouldn't have any major problems to find your whereabouts if you have ran a UniServer WAMP package before.

Download from here: http://turbo.icctek.net/apps/UniServer/UniServer.exe

Defaults:

CGI/FastCGI

Wincache 1.1

Default Storage Engine=InnoDB

MyISAM is enabled too just not default. As such, I have configured InnoDB settings a little beefier than MyISAM.

Mod_security with based rules.

(All rules can be applied/removed just by dragging and dropping in/out of the D:\UniServer\usr\local\apache2\conf\crs\activated_rules folder. (Apache restart required, of course).

Don't expect to run this package with less than 100MB RAM! I have tried hard to keep it low in memory consumption but remember that this is suppose to be your "production package". You are going to need to throw RAM at it one way or another.

In my server, the package alone it is currently using @ 600-700MB RAM. I have assigned Wincache 255MB RAM, beefier InnoDB memory assignment plus apache cache/disk-cache.

You should definitely note a performance increase running this package and it feels solid as a rock. I have it in production with @50-70 guests/minute and it seems to hold strong :)

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this version compatible with Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit?

I just installed the latest uniform server and have an intranet website I need hosted on a reliable server. This latest version is far from that (constant apache crashing and page cannot be found errors).

I need to find a solution and fast as this needs to go live this week.

Thanks

Paul