The Uniform Server Community

Cant use Uniserv Coral anymore

SebastianJu

Hello,

i used Uniserv Coral 8.6.5 for quite a while now but now i get always this error when wanting to start apache and mysql. I have to translate it to english so i dont know how the matchin errormessage is in english:

Scripterror:

In the script on this page an error occured.

Line: 1

Sign: 1

Error: The named File isnt an application assigned.

Code: 0

URL: file:///L:/Tools/Software/Entwicklung/UniservCoral/uni_con/uni_con_program.hta

Do you want that the script on this page is still being executed?

Yes/No

So what can i do? I now made a backup of the whole directory with winrar. Then i downloaded coral 8.6.7 and overwrote everything with the new version. Except i didnt move the directories usr and www.

When i started it still thought i start it the first time and asked me questions. But at the end i wanted to start apache and mysql but the exact same error occured.

Whats wrong here? And how can i fix it?

Thanks!

Sebastian

Edit: I now tried a fully fresh portable install and i still get this error. So it seems it isnt connected to the coral install. But what is it? I wasnt able to find anything with google.

Edit2: So now i searched a bit more and found that .hta-files are executed by mshta.exe. The errormessage implies that the connection was lost. So i searched in coral-directory for .hta-files and doubleclicked Server_Status.hta. And it successfully ran and showed the correct info.

So i dont know what this error message is about. I tried the old coral version, the newest and its still the same problem.

Edit3: I even was able to start the .hta mentioned in the errormessage. But it couldnt start apache because of missing admin-rights. So it looks like the files are working but something seems to be broken.

Then i tried to start it as service but after installing and starting the same error occurs.

Very strange... it worked one time. I was able to load phpmyadmin because apache and mysql was running.

I wanted to make sure that it works now and stopped the services, closed and reopened. Then i tried it with start both and later with start apache only. The same errormessage comes up. I didnt change anything in the meanwhile. I dont get it.

I tried if its my antivirus but no effect.

Edit: Ok, it looks i found a workaround. It works when i dont click start both because when it is crashing then i cant start mysql anymore. But when i click start apache and click at the error that the code should run forward then apache doesnt end. but i can click at start mysql. and when i did this both buttons get green and i can access phpmyadmin. Which should proof that mysql and apache are running.

But still i would prefer to have it without error message. At least i can work on my project again.

• 2 weeks later...

post-6459-0-15359200-1352753280_thumb.pngHaving this exact problem except for the fact that it doesn't matter which button on console I hit I get the same error. Have used UniServer for years and this is the first time I've seen anything like this.

No recent changes to my Win 7 system and yesterday Coral was working fine all day.

Attached is what console looks like when it comes up. It's the same type of issue either run as program or service.

post-6459-0-15359200-1352753280_thumb.pngHaving this exact problem except for the fact that it doesn't matter which button on console I hit I get the same error. Have used UniServer for years and this is the first time I've seen anything like this.

No recent changes to my Win 7 system and yesterday Coral was working fine all day.

Attached is what console looks like when it comes up. It's the same type of issue either run as program or service.

Maybe try to update your coral by keeping the userdata-directories. (Backup whole directory before with winrar or similar. Just in case.) It looks to me like one of the .hta-files could be broken.

Im not sure what caused the error with me. Maybe using registry cleaners? I stopped using them in case they were the culprit here.

Maybe try to update your coral by keeping the userdata-directories. (Backup whole directory before with winrar or similar. Just in case.) It looks to me like one of the .hta-files could be broken.

Im not sure what caused the error with me. Maybe using registry cleaners? I stopped using them in case they were the culprit here.

Have no idea what happened there. I ended up having to pull back to a restore point. Now I'm back to it running perfectly. So it apparently was something funky on my machine.

Now to find a web control panel solution...... :)