The Uniform Server Community

can't start Windows processes the background with phpcli

mixersoft

I have the both the Uniserver and WAMP5 running. The following line starts a process in the background with the WAMP5 installation, but with the Uniserver, the process starts in the foreground with the title of the command window set to "bla".

pclose(popen("start \"bla\" \"".$path_phpexe.$phpexe."\" -f W:/www/services/xmlrpc.php " . $args, "r"));

Any suggestions?

So the title is set to blah?

yes. I'm no expert on the windows start command, but I'm assuming that bla are switches, one of which puts the process into the background.

regardless, the same script on the same desktop works fine with WAMP5, but not the uniserver.

WAMP5 = php5.2.1

uniserver = php 5.1.1

Is that the reason, or am I doing something wrong?

oooooo.. oooo... so your problem is the fact that the windows command window shows? does it stay?

Yes, the command window shows with the title set to 'bla', the switches. The command window closes when the process is complete.

With WAMP5, the process starts in the background, without a command window.

pclose(popen("start \"bla\" \"".$path_phpexe.$phpexe."\" -f W:/www/services/xmlrpc.php " . $args, "r"));

The start command starts a new command window, the first parameter, if in quotes, is taken as the Title hence the reason you see "bla" in the title bar.

The line looks wrong why use start! popen should just run the program as is with the "r" argument

Try this and see if it works

pclose(popen("$path_phpexe.$phpexe."\" -f W:/www/services/xmlrpc.php " . $args, "r"));