The Uniform Server Community

Apache stops "for no apparent reason" - Coral 8.6.8

Lyle

As the title mentions, Apache is stopping "for no apparent reason" :)/> I am not an Apache "guru" by any stretch of the imagination, so that is why I am asking here.

Below is the most recent example of these errors in the Apache Error log entries for when this occurs:

[Wed Mar 20 01:54:38.056687 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 3156:tid 376] AH00422: Parent: Received shutdown signal -- Shutting down the server.
[Wed Mar 20 01:54:40.085623 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 3656:tid 276] AH00364: Child: All worker threads have exited.
[Wed Mar 20 01:54:40.101231 2013] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 3156:tid 376] AH00430: Parent: Child process exited successfully.

I really need to get to the root of this issue or I am going to be forced to abandon my fave AMP stack in favour of - dare I say it - IIS! Yikes!

This instance of TUS is running in production for an eFront Learning Management System with well over 1,000 active users and my VP of Corporate Training is on my case to get this resolved ASAP! I have another instance of a similar install where this issue has never occurred, so I am at a bit of a loss to figure it out.

Both of these server setups are Win 2008R2 Standard, SP1, 64 bit, 4GB RAM on a Xeon E5620 @ 2.4 GHz.

BTW, I am still running this "older" version of Coral because the versions of the items involved are what work with this version of eFront.

Any direction as to where to look for a "fix" will be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers!

Lyle

GeneratePress / Elementor / WP Show Posts / Do It Yourself WordPress - Sniffle Valve

You want a WordPress website and you want it now - GOOD CHEAP FAST WEBSITES

Don't take life too seriously ... nobody has ever gotten out of it alive :)

• 4 years later...

Even we are facing the same issue! Did you get any workaround for it. It's a really pathetic issue.we are using Windows server 2012 r2 with 16gb ram.Apache crashes then and now.Is this uniserver bundle really safe to use in production systems.....

Even we are facing the same issue! Did you get any workaround for it. It's a really pathetic issue.we are using Windows server 2012 r2 with 16gb ram.Apache crashes then and now.Is this uniserver bundle really safe to use in production systems.....