The Uniform Server Community

can't secure MySQL password

iron jim

When I try to change the default SQL password from root to something else via apanel, apanel just hangs and the content of ..\UniServer\home\admin\www\mysql_password remains "root".

I tried install Uniformserver on my hard drive and my thumb drive, but I get the same problem.

I'm running

• 5.5 nano
  • windowsXP
  • firefox 3.6

When i use process explorer to see what is running I see ..\UniServer\usr\local\apache2\bin\apache.exe and ..\UniServer\usr\local\mysql\bin\mysqld-opt.exe are running.

I changed the password from the command line using mysql, but even though I changed mysql_password by hand, phpAdmin would no longer work.

So I reinstalled but I am getting the same problem (apanel just hangs without changing the password).

I can access the MySQL database from MySQLAdmin, but it warns the attached message:

"Either the server service or the configuration file could not be found. Startup variables and service section are therefor disabled."

Any ideas how to fix this?

Addendum:

I can run Uniserver 5.3 & 5.1 to run on my machine.

post-3859-1267740617_thumb.jpg

Many thanks for testing and taking the time to reply.

“I see that US 5.5 has PHP 5.3.1 and US 5.6a went back to PHP 5.2 (more precisely PHP 5.2.13). Do you think php 5.3 is the issue? If so, why?”

You observations are correct! 5.5 and 5.6 intentionally have parallel versions. Suffix “a” indicates versions using PHP 5.2.* while no suffix indicates PHP 5.3.*

Bugs in PHP 5.3.1 are not the root cause of this problem. They highlighted an obscure bug in the control architecture relating to IPV6. This has been corrected in 5.6 series hence 5.6-Beta3 and released version 5.6a should work across all OS’s

If you want to use PHP 5.3 download US 5.6-Beta3 its incorporates PHP 5.3.2RC3.

Note: PHP 5.3.2 has been released and we are currently running tests hence 5.6 is not to far away for final release.

All the best

Ric :)