The Uniform Server Community

mini_server_4 problem

jani gracnar

Hi,

I had downloaded mini_server_4. I run server_start.bat and followed the the READ_ME.txt file. I cannot connect to localhost putting in browser url http://localhost:8084 or https://localhost:444. For first try I left original (came with downloaded files) certificate and key.

I use Win XP SP2, firewall is turned off

Thanx for your help,

Jani Gracnar

Hi,

I really tried to get back and reply to this post.

However just ran out of time.

Unless you want to put your server on line try 5.0-Nano it is very stable on XP and easy to use. Ignore the beta stuff, when running Unitray use the left mouse button, runs the servers as a standard program. All that means is when your PC is switch off its gone.

All the best

Ric :)

Hi,

I really tried to get back and reply to this post.

However just ran out of time.

Unless you want to put your server on line try 5.0-Nano it is very stable on XP and easy to use. Ignore the beta stuff, when running Unitray use the left mouse button, runs the servers as a standard program. All that means is when your PC is switch off its gone.

All the best

Hi,

I try with 5.0-Nano. I have downloaded UniServer5_0_beta_1.zip. After unpackaging and run Start.exe the icon was there correctly but I cannot start apache server. I tried also install apache as service but no success.

I cannot start apache also if i put in command line apache -k start.

What can I do?

Thanx,

Jani

OK If you have run the following from a command prompt netstat -anp tcp and port 80 is not in use.

Try the mod from this post:

http://forum.uniformserver.com/index.php?s...ic=1613&hl=

All the best

Hi,

Port 80 and 443 are not used.

I have tried alternative control to start uniform server - after I run start_server.bat from command line next messages were displayed:

MySQL port = 3306 - OK to run MySQL server

Starting MySQL server ...

APache port = 80 - OK to run Apache server

SSL not enabled skipping port test.

Apache Syntax check - The system cannot execute te specified program.

Apache Syntax check - The system cannot execute te specified program.

Failed! Please correct Apache config file errors!

Cron not enabled in config.inc.php

Or disabled by a user parameter

Press any key to continue . . .

It is very strange because I also cannot start apache from command line with apache -k start (my previos post) ....

Thanx,

Jani

Dash, Yes that was the solution in your case I realised you had a clean machine.

If the forum had not gone down would have asked you to keep it that way and perform one test.

However after installing Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package found at.

www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en

There is no going back, although I cannot confirm it you probably only needed to have msver90.dll installed in apache2\bin.

Note you can delete msvcr71.dll from apache2\bin no longer required.

All the best

Dash, Yes that was the solution in your case I realised you had a clean machine.

If the forum had not gone down would have asked you to keep it that way and perform one test.

However after installing Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package found at.

www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en

There is no going back, although I cannot confirm it you probably only needed to have msver90.dll installed in apache2\bin.

Note you can delete msvcr71.dll from apache2\bin no longer required.

All the best

Hi,

I can repeat the clean installation and put msver90.dll in right folder, so I can find out if all thing works without

Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package.

Can you tell me where can I find msver90.dll?

Jani

Hi Jani,

Thanks for your time and effort in testing. :)

I was hoping only msvcr90.dll was required on a clean machine.

Looks like there are other dependencies. :)

Unless an alternative is found installing the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package on a clean machine will be obligatory?

That solution is far from ideal.

Al the best

Hi Jani,

In the light of your testes I have switched binaries these hopefully are more portable.

If you have any spare time perhaps you would run Beta 2 on a clean machine. It would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Hi,

Thank you for new version. I make clean installation of Win XP SP2 on virtual machine, unpacked UniServer and runs OK without any additional dlls copying. As you say in your previous post that means higher level of portability.

I have another problem. I would like to set up uniform server as https server. If I go to apanel, then server key & cert gen and fill form for domain, company ... next messages are shown:

The system cannot execute the spceified program.

The system cannot execute the spceified program.

Could Not FInd C:\UniServer\unicon\key_cert_gen_gen\server.key

Could Not FInd C:\UniServer\unicon\key_cert_gen_gen\server.crt

The system cannot find the file specified.

If I look in unicon/key_cer_gen there is no server.csr file.

There are also missed (not created?) server.crt and server.key files in usr/local/apache2/conf/....

After that I cannot start Apache succesfully. Is maybe some OpenSSL problem?

Thanx,

Jani

Hi Jani,

Again many thanks for your time.

I have checked the key-gen binaries (Beta 2) these are dependent on msvcr90.dll

Solution is to copy the following files:

From folder C:\UniServer\usr\local\apache2\bin

openssl.exe

ssleay32.dll

libeay32.dll

zlib1.dll

To folder: C:\UniServer_beta_2_ref\UniServer\unicon\key_cert_gen\gen

These are dependent on msvcrt.dll I am wondering, on a clean machine does this file exist on a system path? Search the C drive if you find only one instance in apache2\bin you will need to copy it to UniServer\unicon\key_cert_gen\gen

Majority of users will not see this problem however on a clean machine it is an issue and requires resolving.

All the best

Hi Ric,

Thank you for your help.

I made new clean installation of Win XP SP2 on virtual machine.

There are 3 msvcrt.dll files on next locations:

C:\WINDOWS\system32

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.CPlusPlusRuntime_6595b64144ccf1df_7.0.0.0_x-ww_2726e76a

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.CPlusPlusRuntime_6595b64144ccf1df_7.0.2600.5512_x-ww_3fd60d63

I think that maybe last 2 dlls are instaled with VMWare tools, but I cannot confirm this.

After that I run UniServer Nano beta2. Localhost OK, than I run Process Explorer and I sow that only msvcrt.dll from C:\WINDOWS\system32 is used.

I copied (overwrite) files that you suggested in your previos post and now also https is enabled.

Do you think about including this files (needed for https) in next version of UniServer?

Maybe it will be usefull to have also Restart command for restarting servers (now Start, Stop)?

Thanx,

Jani

Hi Jani,

Thanks for performing the above tests. :)

“Do you think about including this files (needed for https) in next version of UniServer?”

I have started on Beta 3 and already included the above. DannyH is in the process of looking at a wider range of OS’s hence may change.

“Maybe it will be usefull to have also Restart command for restarting servers (now Start, Stop)? “

It was considered, however UniTray started to grow at an alarming rate hence restart was dropped.

That said you could go in and modify UniTray and create your own menu to meet this requirement.

Noticed I never answered your original post! Trust you enjoyed beta testing and now have a server you can use.

All the best

Hi Ric,

Can you help me please with CA creation. I have downloaded UniServer_CA plugin and followed instructions from readme.txt file but no success.

I replace next files from UniServer_CA/CA:

openssl.exe

libeay32.dll

zlib1.dll

ssleay32.dll

with files with the same name from apache/bin.

Firstly I perform clean.bat and then create_ca.bat.

Then I enter company, section and PEM pass phrase which is followed by an error message:

3616:error:0D0AF0AD:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_TIME_set:error getting time:.\crypto\asn1\a_time.c:109:

Thanx,

Jani

Strange never seen that error before.

What you could try is this:

1 ) Delete what you currently have (folder UniServer\plugins\UniServer_CA)

2 ) Install the original plugin (UniServer_CA_1.0.exe)

3 ) Copy msvcr90.dll to folder UniServer\plugins\UniServer_CA\CA

4 ) Inside the above folder create an empty file named openssl.exe.local

Run Create_CA.bat check ca.crt is created

Run Server.bat check server certificate and key are created.

All the best

Hi Ric,

At the moment I am working on UniServer php pdo sqlite example. Thanx to your post and help I solved this topic. I will try your suggestions about CA during the week so I will post feedback after the week.

In near future I am going to use UniServer with Oracle. I will post about my eperience on this topic.

Thanx,

Jani

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

The solution of my problem was installation of Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86). I have done completly new installation of Win XP SP2 so I have missed Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package.

Now it works fine.

Thanx for all your help,

Jani

Thank you - for I had obliterated the Joomla database at office - luckily had uniserver based site- wouldn't work without the re-distributable. Lost a couple of weeks work but saved months worth.