The Uniform Server Community

#1 - Can't create/write to file '\tmp\#sql_11ac_0.MYI' (Errcode: 2)

jmuhammad

I am new to everything:)

I recently installed uniserver 3.3 and wordpress 2.2. I got everything working. I zipped my entire directory and moved it to another drive (I also moved it to a different computer). I unzipped it and the servers started up fine. I went to phpMyAdmin, verified that my wordpress database was there with its default tables.

But when I go to database->wordpress->browse->edit, I get this message:

#1 - Can't create/write to file '\tmp\#sql_11ac_0.MYI' (Errcode: 2)

This message also appears on my wordpress default front page where the data from the tables is supposed to show.

I am thinking that MySQL thinks my database is in a 'tmp' folder.

Interestingly is if I do a fresh install, everything works (I'm a newbie so I haven't made a table of my own...nothing to lose but I wanted to learn uniserver).

Is it possible the zipping is corrupting where MySQL looks? Or the moving of the folder?

I did something...resetting mysql, shutting down/restarting server, etc and suddenly the wordpress was displaying properly but my mysql tables still have strange error message.

I wanted to learn mysql to make a database instead of access but this is kinda scarying me...I don't know if its a mysql, phpmyadmin or wordpress issue.

Just download a new copy and start over since you said you have nothing to lose. It could be anything, MySQL might have been already installed on that PC or something is causing the error or you do not have permission (as in you are under a limited account). Can't really tell cause that error seems odd, and since you say a new install works well, you might as well just do that.

• 5 months later...

I got this error as well. It was because the W:\tmp folder was missing. Creating it fixed the problem. Seems like some folders weren't extracted from the zip because they were empty. I was using some zip program I had never used before. Hope this helps someone.