The Uniform Server Community

Script error starting Coral 8.7.3 on Win 7 with .NET January 2013 security updates

redhotmustang

Hi there,

I've been working fine with Coral 8.6.8 on a Windows 7 SP1 x64 machine. But now, every time I click "Start_as_program" or "Start_as_service", an error message pops up saying there's a script error. Something to do with uni_con_service.hta.

The dialog box asks if I want to continue executing scripts, I click Yes but the console appears looking crazy and the servers throw another error when trying to start.

I downloaded and tried version 8.7.3 and this error also occurs.

I read multiple topics about this kind of error in the forums.

I read the help file also, namely the "VC9 Libraries" part.

I have installed / repaired the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 runtime library, and I had the .NET frameworks 3.5.1 and 4 with their last updates installed (these updates were published by Microsoft on Jan 8, 2013).

I also checked what Windows Updates may have caused this error. It were precisely the last .NET security updates that did it. I had to restore Windows to a date prior to those updates to get UniServer running again.

Did anyone out there have this kind of trouble? What's the solution?

I have pending Windows updates waiting endlessly.

Thanks for your attention and help!

Hi there,

I've been working fine with Coral 8.6.8 on a Windows 7 SP1 x64 machine. But now, every time I click "Start_as_program" or "Start_as_service", an error message pops up saying there's a script error. Something to do with uni_con_service.hta.

The dialog box asks if I want to continue executing scripts, I click Yes but the console appears looking crazy and the servers throw another error when trying to start.

I downloaded and tried version 8.7.3 and this error also occurs.

Did anyone out there have this kind of trouble? What's the solution?

I have pending Windows updates waiting endlessly.

Thanks for your attention and help!

Hello,

There is a script buglet in .../uni_con/includes/core_function_inc.vbs circa line 421.

The code assumes that there is a CommandLine to give to the Split function.

Sadly, there are times when there is a null (Nothing) in that field.

It can be patched in the short term by changing that line:

OLD:

• split_array = split(item.CommandLine," ") 'Split string at " "

NEW:

• split_array = split(item.CommandLine&" "," ") 'Split string at " "

NOTE: this is NOT a long term solution. Just a patch you can apply to get past this in 8.7.3.

The problem is possibly caused by there being another program hogging port 80, but it is running as a service, and you don't have permission to get its CommandLine from the OS.

Running Start_as_program.exe as the local system Administrator might help.

-Jesse

Sadly, there are times when there is a null (Nothing) in that field.

Yeap, one of the errors I get states exactly that: null value somewhere.

I'll try your patch, install the .NET January 2013 (KB2736422, KB2742599, KB2756921, KB2742595) security updates and check if it works.

Thanks Jesse!

• 3 weeks later...